Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Scribbled out another tee design. Look for it tomorrow. It's called "Symbiosis" and it's not really designed to compete. It's just some muppety fun. :stick_out_tongue: My best friend moved away this week and I felt like using my idle hands to create something to dedicate to him. :sympathy:

beaker

Reaction score

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
This one?

I really don't like it. It's poorly manipulated stock art.

I take it back... I'd give that a 1, no doubt.

That was my thoughts exactly... it's the same pictures we've all seen 1000 times. What really threw me off though was Cookie being there... it seems to me that someone is just trying to cash in and took what they thought were the most popular "Muppets" apparently not realizing that Cookie and co. are a completely different property.

It's people like that that ruin the contest for others that have actually tried hard....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cookie's inclusion doesn't bug me half as much as the ugly traced in photoshop stock photos... wasn't that Kermit already a T-shirt? Someone else stole it, sure.. but at least they didn't manage to make it look like a horrible rainbow of ugly.

I find these cheap photomanips unfair to those who actually drew something original... or at least did a GOOD job photomanipulating.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Still, the OTHER guy who stole the exact design... I think some of the ones that just reuse stock pictures should be disqualified.

I mean, why bother with a contest if you're just going to use the same images over and over with different words? They already pay people to do that! :stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Mine's still faring well. Thanks everybody for the support! I created a second design out of pure silliness. It's called "Symbiosis" and I dedicated it to my friend Chip who moved away this week.

Slackbot

Reaction score
*laughs* I love this! Big Mean Carl is gonna be mighty peeved he was left out, I bet.

Nice tats on the model. Did I predict that or what?

beaker

Reaction score
*laughs* I love this! Big Mean Carl is gonna be mighty peeved he was left out, I bet.

Nice tats on the model. Did I predict that or what?
Actually working on one that features Carl and a couple others, should be up later tonight. I figured eh, not like this opportunity will come around again soon. I think it's nuts to only pick one, I think Threadless should just make a whole line of them based off of one's the staff feels would sell well.

Also, as much as I'm kind of meh on people using stock photos...what the heck is up with people using Sesame characters? I think I even saw someone using Elmo(ugh...SO glad he's not going to have a cameo in the movie)

I am REALLY happy at seeing people use more obscure characters, like Frogboy's Symbiosis, the Thog one, the Muppaphones one and the Lew Zealand row boat one.

Some of these, even if they don't win, I'm going to try and print onto blank t-shirts for private use.