Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only really good parody one is the Hangover one. At least it ties into the Freindship them. I dig the idea of the wallet photo one, but I cannot abide how Gonzo looks in that one. Gonzo's not an easy Muppet to draw, and I've been struggling with him for years myself... but there's just something creepy about how he looks here.

The simplistic ones vary from cute to "if this wins, it'll be a total screw you to someone that killed themselves with something more complicated."

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Jamie.. it's amazing.
I'll be very surprised if you don't win.
It's truly a masterpiece, and clearly a lot of hard work went into it.
Nicely done.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Jamie.. it's amazing.
I'll be very surprised if you don't win.
It's truly a masterpiece, and clearly a lot of hard work went into it.
Nicely done.
Thanks! :oops:

Where in the world did your avatar come from?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i love that design i've seen many designs on the challenge but yours is the best i've seen my eyes went big when i saw it well done :smile: also do you need to sign i to submit it and can you nonly post if your in the US if so i shall be sad

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Where in the world did your avatar come from?
I was honestly just mucking around in various blogs.. not looking for anything muppety or star wars related at all and stumbled across it.
If you google image search "A Fine romance Piggy" you should find it...

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i found that pic too on deviantart as soon as i saw i faved it star wars and muppets best combo ever :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
If I didn't have to have some sort of sign in account I'd vote... I agree... there's some I just don't like, but I would never have the heart to give someone a bad review... I'm too upbeat... even stuff I really didn't like I couldn't even see giving a 2 (the ToughPigs guy is pretty merciless, though).

Seriously... I definitely wouldn't have submitted stuff. I'd get too many 1's for killing myself to do something great. Then again, I'm pretty lazy and just have redone something I already did on DA... though my parodies are too left of center.

But I'd be WAAAY too tempted to redesing and submit This piece and I'm sure only people that went to Anime Boston 2 years ago would have gotten it. But if you get the reference, you'd be LAUGHIN'... or... well.. This seems to be at least known. And like only one or two people got the subtext of that joke.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't worry.. .I'm one of the few that appreciates the joke. :concern:
I tell yah... the Gonzula Sovereign of the weird one was too fun for me to draw. I laughed my butt off with every single pencil line... I was of course refering to this:

Trust me... it's even crazier in the context of the movie.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh man, that's crazy awesome Frogboy. You definitely need to aggressively and shamelessly promote this design entry on all the official/non official Muppet facebook pages, twitter, etc. Definitely hope you win! Heck, I think they should just pick the top 3 entries or something.