"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Little confused why Scooter is miming We Built This City, but I kinda love it.
)
remember guys this is a trailer

movie trailers always use songs that are never in the final movie,

and im sure once it comes out everything will look crisp and clean again a trailer...remember green lantern has a ton of issues in its trailer that they fixed in the final version

as for the joke with Fozzie , remember fozzie is a terrible comedian, yes we all love him but his issue is he is always trying to get that laugh so yes i could easily see him doing that...and i mean come on fart shoes is it really that awful?

yea i cringe but not in a oh god no why a fart joke more of a oh fozzie not again

but again this is a trailer....lets not claim we already know the whole movie from these few short out of context scenes we have seen so far...lets not become the next transformers fans

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Now, in context the fart shoes, I'll meet you half way. To me, Fozzie ALWAYS was associated with Whoopie cushions.
and i mean come on fart shoes is it really that awful?
The fact that we're having to discuss this at all makes me disapointed in this movie so far. But I do agree that trailers aren't always the most accurate representation of the final film.

But in the meantime, I'm going off to watch The Muppet Movie which managed to get along fine without lowest common denominator humor. Imagine that! :wink:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
so ive watched this trailer about a thousand times since i found it....anyone else catch the faint mahna mahna when they show the worn down theater

Slackbot

Reaction score
The fart joke didn't bug me so much. If Kermit tells Fozzie that that's the kind of lowbrow humor that plays in Reno, but not the Muppet Theater, I'll be good with it. Was it just me or did Fozzie's legs appear unusually long in that shot?

The one gag that bugged me was Walter on the electric fence. Just standing and staring at him for too long, not trying to rescue him, just didn't do it for me.

On the other hand, so many things made me smile. The arches, the crowded car ride (with Mahna Mahna--please tell me that's the original show version so least Jim Henson's voice will be heard in this movie!), Bobo's fencing scene, the Bunsen & Beaker at CERN, Miss Piggy actually sounding like herself...lovin' all that!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
First off--YAY! Love this trailer, could not be more excited.

Secondly, I loved the Fart Shoes joke! Not because it was a fart joke--because it was a commentary on fart jokes. And because it followed the line about "artistic integrity." Perfect irony. It reminded me of the "not stooping to cheap 3D tricks" from MuppetVision.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
There's not much I can add to what has already been said. But despite the few "problems" in the trailer, I still think that this will still be a fantastic movie!

One question I do have though, at 0:48, are those the Moopets?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Secondly, I loved the Fart Shoes joke! Not because it was a fart joke--because it was a commentary on fart jokes. And because it followed the line about "artistic integrity." Perfect irony.
I just think they would have done the same kind of commentary years ago without restoring to that kind of humor.

Still going to watching The Muppet Movie now, lol.