"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

Drtooth

Reaction score
while i mostly usually always agree with your posts this time i must disagree, if only for the idea that i feel trailers show to much these days..many times ive watched trailers and then gone and seen the movie only to not be surprised because the trailers ruined parts for me
I swear... if I see ONE more trailer that completely gives away the ending or a key plot point, I'm going to smack someone.

I get what he's saying... there's just so much more brilliant footage they used for the gag trailers they should have used. Trailer jokes NEVER work, where as the same jokes work in the context of the movie. To me, it isn't so much what they showed but how they showed it that didn't quite get there. I know what they were trying to go for with this trailer, trying to make it look like not the average kid's movie and yet trying to make it look like the big come back. Yet all similar to an action movie trailer.

Somehow the funnier parts seem ill timed, the heartfelt bits (the reference to Just one Person) seem lost... the trailer should have been better. The other 3 were. There's just something about this that needs something.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I hate the fact that people don't realize that when someone who created and drove a creation is gone of course quality and their original stance goes with them. Happened with Disney, happened with the Looney Tunes. You can never get back that special thing, but that DOESN'T mean you can't try and get as close to it as possible.
No one is saying you can't try. Just don't assume it will always succeed. Nor should you just accept the way it turned out, when you know it could have been better.

Slackbot

Reaction score
The nipples thing was actually a passing joke, almost an out take or blooper that was an ad-lib by Dave. The fact they kept it in is anybody's fault, really. But this movie would REALLY have to be bad to be MOz quality. The nipple joke was just one unfortunate sequence out of many.
I believe that Goelz said that the nipple gag came from something he gave the Disney folks as an example of that Muppets wouldn't do, and they turned right around and used it.

For me the nipple gag itself wouldn't have been so bad, but Pepe's hysterical reaction sank it through the floor. If he'd just pulled his hands back sharply and said, "Uh, er, sorry, man," in embarrassment, it wouldn't have been so bad. At least with the shoe gag, the reaction (if it's not spliced from somewhere else in the movie) is essentially "You've got to be kidding!" Which is just how I felt.

As far as judging a movie by its trailer goes, yes, the trailer may not accurately represent the movie, but the whole purpose of a trailer is to represent the movie to the public in the hopes of piquing their interest. Thus, they show things that they think will make people say, "I want to see that!" Unfortunately, too many trailers seem to think that what the public wants is fart jokes, punch-in-the-crotch gags, etc. However, this is the Muppets. We want to see Muppets! We want to see The Muppets returning to their former glory, the way we remember them best, and (with a few sloppy exceptions) that is what this trailer is showing us. I have a sneaking suspicion that The Powers That Be may be taking note of our reactions, and might edit this trailer before it hits the theaters.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I do, have and always will enjoy the fleeting nipple joke in Oz.

Nipples, like bellybuttons, are funny items. I don't see why that should offend anyone other than the extremely repressed. I mean, what's next? Sticking Miss Piggy in a burka? The Muppets have always had cheeky moments. Some classic ones being more disturbing than one two-second like referring to nipples. But toilet or gross-out humor, that's a different matter. The Muppets have never needed to go there.

I still don't see why Fozzie has to call the shoes anything. Just wear them and make the noises. That's funny enough. Why must everything be on-the-nose?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I believe that Goelz said that the nipple gag came from something he gave the Disney folks as an example of that Muppets wouldn't do, and they turned right around and used it.
I think that says it all, lol.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Heralde your being really negative and its a big ole buzz kill...i get that your optimistic and weary about this movie but come on...post something positive....your killing my muppet high

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Heralde your being really negative and its a big ole buzz kill...i get that your optimistic and weary about this movie but come on...post something positive....your killing my muppet high
I have said some optimstic things. I'm sorry you don't like my opinion. But optimistic opinions shouldn't be the only ones allowed on the board.

And I don't control your Muppet high. :wink:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I have said some optimstic things. I'm sorry you don't like my opinion. But optimistic opinions shouldn't be the only ones allowed on the board.
its not that your opinion doesnt matter, because it most certainly does,,,and i never want to be one to tell people they cant express themselves in anyway possible and i totally give you every right to not like the movie once it comes out, or even say this particular trailer doesnt do it for you....but atleast give it a chance before you write it off...it seems like your looking for every negative section to point out and say not even the slighest nice thing even if its just...kermits a nice shade of green.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
this is a good nice to see and not a parody and always pausing to see the characters looks like muppets tonight shall appear saw pepe and big mean carl then beautiful day monster hooray i getting pumped oh and LIPS!!!!!!