Deja vu all over again

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
a major conspiracy to get him impeached for basically getting some one the side, like EVERYONE that was persecuting him was doing.
Persecuting? Oh poor, poor Clinton, lol. But I do agree about the hypocrisy.

So let's face it, it's everyone's fault for dropping that ball.
That's what I've been saying. Both parties are corrupt, neither is our friend. The Republicans don't want you to hear about the plight of Afghan women for "econonic reasons" (heh). The Democrats don't want you to hear about it because of some misguided idea of "tolerance." (Here's a hint, you're not supposed to tolerate the oppressors!).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Persecuting? Oh poor, poor Clinton, lol. But I do agree about the hypocrisy.
They wanted an excuse to impeach him so they could get one of their own in there, and they knew the guy was a womanizing sex fiend... all the while Gingrich.... well, where do I begin with him? And it came out that most of the fiercest of those who prosecuted him were getting some on the side as well.

That said, Clinton DID want to go over there, Congress wouldn't let him. Sort of like how Obama wants to raise taxes, and Congress won't let him. You can promise anything, but outside forces can break your promise for you.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And it came out that most of the fiercest of those who prosecuted him were getting some on the side as well.
True, but they weren't the President. :wink:

That said, Clinton DID want to go over there, Congress wouldn't let him. Sort of like how Obama wants to raise taxes, and Congress won't let him. You can promise anything, but outside forces can break your promise for you.
And the Democrats continue to have a convenient excuse. I'm not saying it's not true, it is. Just saying I don't have faith in the Democrats even without Republican interference.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------
Well, both parties need serious reform, yes. But any party which kowtows to a small group of uneducated, aggressively stupid extremists (yeah, Teabaggers, I'm lookin' at you) is automatically a failure. Period.
Have read through all you guys have said here, and agree with much of it. My question, though, remains: do the party-of-the-one-percent and the CEOs of companies like Exxon-Mobil really count on the American populace to be so memory-impaired that they can get away with spouting the same lies? (And yes D'Snowth: the trickle-down theory, not in so many words, is EXACTLY what the Repubs have been arguing in the House, in interviews -- Rick Santorum being one of the worst offenders -- and in print. "Oh no, we can't tax the rich or the corporations! They NEED that money to stimulate the economy! It will benefit EVERYONE if you let them make profits hand over fist!" Cough, cough, trickledownReaganomics, cough, cough.)
The failure of the public to seek out answers disgusts me on a regular basis, unfortunately...plenty of people today were around in the 1980s and it's the same tired stuff all over again which never worked the first time...and yet SOMEONE elected these idiots, presumably in the belief that the Repubs would fight FOR them, not against them!
I just wonder how to keep it from happening AGAIN.
------------------------------------------------------------

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just wonder how to keep it from happening AGAIN.
The two party system is just broken. It's illogical to expect real change when all we do is switch off from the same two parties over and over again. There can be no result other than business as usual.

For me, there are issues that both parties manage to be right about. We do need both to survive, but instead both sides just demonize the other. And I mean this for both conservatives and liberals; you're both wrong and you're both right. DEAL WITH IT! :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, both parties need serious reform, yes. But any party which kowtows to a small group of uneducated, aggressively stupid extremists (yeah, Teabaggers, I'm lookin' at you) is automatically a failure. Period.
Have read through all you guys have said here, and agree with much of it. My question, though, remains: do the party-of-the-one-percent and the CEOs of companies like Exxon-Mobil really count on the American populace to be so memory-impaired that they can get away with spouting the same lies? (And yes D'Snowth: the trickle-down theory, not in so many words, is EXACTLY what the Repubs have been arguing in the House, in interviews -- Rick Santorum being one of the worst offenders -- and in print. "Oh no, we can't tax the rich or the corporations! They NEED that money to stimulate the economy! It will benefit EVERYONE if you let them make profits hand over fist!" Cough, cough, trickledownReaganomics, cough, cough.)
Oh man... I could just go on for hours on this one. The Tea Party was just pathetic. It came out of internet rumors and half truths in books written by Dr. Nick Riviera types that didn't want Health Care reform. And then we had all this B.S. about small government... and I'm going to really rail on that one. I will say at least a small majority of them are opposed to the wars, but still... most of them WANTED the wars to begin with.

What bugs me is that the Tea Party is clearly a Libertarian based movement (I have problems with them too) but it turned into a Right Wing "Let's blame everything on the new guy so we can get them to vote for the same exact Bush policies they decided they didn't like all the sudden." It became the "Let's overthrow a dictator" movement, and by dictator, they really mean someone they didn't vote for and became cry babies over. And they're acting a MILLION times worse than the left wing cry babies when Bush was re-elected.

So basically we have these constant Republicans voting for the same Republicans even though they're poser Libertarians. Basically Libertarianism I link to old prospectors, sitting on their front porch with a shot gun protecting a tiny gold nugget going "Git Offa mah land, er I'll BLLLLLLOOOOOOW yer head off!" They're afraid of an imaginary government coming down and taking their freedoms to... uh... and they're also DEATHLY afraid of taxes, and they don't want ANY tax dollars to go to anything, so we all have to home school unless we're privileged enough to afford private school. They want to go back to Revolutionary times and take EVERYTHING in the Constitution literally. Basically it's a fringe group. Why the Tea Bag Bunch doesn't just vote for those politicians, I don't know.

But Big Business LOVES the idea of small government and will stop at nothing to drill it into the soft heads of conspiracy theorists. They like the idea of more deregulation and less tax money (if they even pay, that is). But guess who's going to be crying to the government when all the booze and hooker money runs out? Big fat fatso lardbutt Business.

Here's something to chew on... Unemployment went back up to 9.2 percent... the Market's in the high 12,000's again... almost 13,000. That's the best market we've seen in years. Something is WRONG! Sure, the market dipped to the very high 11,000's for a week because the oil prices were dragging down the economy and no one was buying anything and small flecks of countries are defaulting on loans. meanwhile CEO's are getting record paychecks for rewarding their refusal to hire anyone and sending their stocks even higher.

I understand everyone wants to get rid of those big evil entitlements like Social Security that people earn, Medicare people need, and unemployment, but no one wants the corporate welfare of subsidiaries and unfairly high tax cuts? And when elected those tax cuts will be even bigger? We don't want health care, but we're afraid of Big Oil losing it's precious "Let's pretend to be environmental, but keep people hooked on our crack" money? That's Stockholm Syndrome. No wonder why the populous is forced to love Ronald Reagan! He was the first one to put the big companies on Welfare!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And you know what really annoys me? How old is Palin? Like in her 40s or so? And she always talks like she's a 16-year-old, all smarmy and "popular girl"-esque and such, especially when she or her daughter can't take criticism from other people, though they're quick to dish it out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And you know what really annoys me? How old is Palin? Like in her 40s or so? And she always talks like she's a 16-year-old, all smarmy and "popular girl"-esque and such, especially when she or her daughter can't take criticism from other people, though they're quick to dish it out.
Something that needed to be said. She's basically that nasty popular girl that called us all geeks and sicked their thug boyfriends on us if we were guys and made us bulimic if we were girls. She comes from a beauty pageant background, if things weren't bad enough. And she can't even control her own misbehaving kids. Say what you will about the President... at least he can make his daughters behave. Actually.. every female Tea party candidate comes from that beauty pageant, Queen Bee toxic high school student that makes everyone miserable culture. How come all right wing female politicians look like plastic Barbies and left wing ones look like lesbian stereotypes?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How come all right wing female politicians look like plastic Barbies
Apparently they don't, according to Bristol, they all look like they're trying to be clones of her mother.

I dont know about you guys, but I was cheering when I heard that someone tried to pelt Palin with tomatoes at one of her book signings.

Speaking of that book, how ridiculous is it that she's taken a word that's generally a negative term ("Rogue"), and has taken it out of context to make it into something positive (like the reverse of the mdia taking a positive word like "Curvy" and made it into a negative word but in a polite manner).

Also, did you hear that they're also trying to trademark the names "Sarah Palin" and "Bristol Palin"? Good lord, she isn't a politician, and she's not a politician's daughter, they'reParis Hilton-esque socialites.