What was the last DVD you bought and why?

MissPiggyFan98

Reaction score
The Cosby Show: The Complete 7th/8th Seasons - Because I LOVE THIS SHOW! And it completes my set. All I need now is to find the episodes of A Different World that had the Huxtables.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The ONION Movie"...for sheer outrageous satire. Yes, it's by the folks who do the "news" site! Imagine if someone updated "Kentucky Fried Movie" for the 2000s...and there you have it. Ethnic stereotypes, sexy pop singers, corporate takeovers of media, and action movies all blown up larger than life. Fantastic!

Also, don't have my own copy of yet, but last night watched a library copy of "Network." I hadn't realized the old "I'm mad as h--- and I'm not going to take it anymore!" was from this. AMAZING film, and completely relevant despite its mid-'70s release date. I must own this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey There, It's Yogi Bear- because I wanted to see them DO IT RIGHT!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Angeltales- Just a random run of the mill anime, I figured I'd check out at the low price of only ten bucks. It came with these little plushie toys too, so I thought it was well worth it.

King of the Hill: Season 2- Because it's a good enough show to spend another ten bucks on...

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Picked up....

Rocko's Modern Life season 1- Finally happy Nick is giving their older "Nicktoons" a real release. Looking forward to picking up Angry Beavers and Ahhh! Real Monsters. Though a bit bummed there is no special features.

Best of Sesame Street Spoofs- Kind of a fun set but honestly, after a while didn't do much for me. Though it was great to see so much Guy Smiley. Still liked it overall, of course.

Fritz the Cat-That well known "X-rated" animation from that "rebel animator" Ralph Bakshi. Honestly never seen it before, but it was cheap, and I just had to check it out after hearing so much about it though the years. Truthfully in the end, it's not a very good movie. :skeptical:. Though I'm still kind of glad I picked it up to judge for myself.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Best of Sesame Street Spoofs: Becuase...DUH!

C is for Cookie Monster: Becuase it was Buy-2-Get-One-Free on B&N.com, so I figured I'd get this because I knew I'd like it (and I did!)

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie: Because I lost my other copy

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
A Goofy Movie - Because my VHS copy is gettin' on in years and it came bundled with a tin of junk and a really nice pen!

Supergirl - Because I'm apparently a glutton for punishment.

Return to Oz - I've been looking for it and found it at our local Borders' going out of business sale (shame, it's the only bookstore around here).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fritz the Cat-That well known "X-rated" animation from that "rebel animator" Ralph Bakshi. Honestly never seen it before, but it was cheap, and I just had to check it out after hearing so much about it though the years. Truthfully in the end, it's not a very good movie. :skeptical:. Though I'm still kind of glad I picked it up to judge for myself.
Why do you think R. Crumb was so ticked off? In fact, Crumb SUED to keep his name off the picture... he was very angry at the animator (Ralph) and yet he thought Ralph should've voiced Fritz. And Ralph DIDN'T like Crumb either after the fiasco.

I really think Ralph is an underrated animator, though.. even though a lot of his movies just get smack talked about them. Shame he doesn't do more.

Anyway, last DVD I bought:

Fairy Idol: It was 4 bucks, It's one of the few FOP DVDs I didn't have yet... and I liked those pinheaded Timmy cartoons they made for Oh Yeah cartoons. I mean, literally... his head is thin and strange looking in those shorts compared to the cartoon.