"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Were there any new or different characters in the newer trailer? And was the monster shot the only new bit shown?
I thought I already said a few times here, but I only remember one other "new" shot, which went by quickly and can't remember anything about it. And I don't recall seeing anybody we didn't know would be in it.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Wow! I've been so consumed with offline stuff this last month that i can't believe that i hadn't really visited the forum since the trailer came out! I have a LOT of catching up to do but i did want to post (before i read the last 20 pages) that as awesome as the trailer is, my very favorite part in the entire thing?...

the puppetry of Crazy Harry in the arches shot. One of my fave things about CH is his movements/physical mannerisms and whoever was doing him in that shot (be it Matt Vogel or just some random puppeteer) totally nailed his essence in just those few frames.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The arches aren't empty for spoiler-hiding, those scenes probably weren't fully polished. I mean, look at them in the trailer, they look pretty bad (Beaker looks so small compared to the other characters). They'll be touched up on before November.
I actually think it's both! I agree that looks like an "unfinished" shot in regards to postproduction (notice how pixelly it seems compared to just about every other shot in the trailer) and that it will be touched up, but i also think there's something very specific that they're (wisely) not spoilering. I actually was kind of sad they even showed the arches shot in the trailer as that would have been such a great moment to save as a surprise...but there's another gag in regards to that scene that you'll (hopefully) have to wait to see in the theatre.

BTW- i did see the comments on this page but i still have yet to read the entire thread but i'm going to make a safe prediction before doing so that within the 20 pages there's probably a very lively and long debate about the Fart Shoes...

My take is i have no problem with the joke itself - whoopie cushions are Very Fozzie...but even though you normally wouldn't actually hear him use the term "fart", in this context it worked because of Kermit's set-up and the wording of the punchline actually works better than "whoopie shoes", "noise shoes" etc...BUT what i DID object to was i really hated to see that moment used in the trailer - mainly because so many family-friendly films and/or franchise-based films often are made up of cheap tasteless body humor jokes (sometimes that ends up being the bulk of their content) that showing that moment in the trailer sent an unintended message to the viewer that "The Muppets" would fall in that same category of movie - which is really one of the worst things they could have done in regards to building up peoples' expectations.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh! DW! Its so nice to see you here again! I wondered, from your silence, if you were avoiding the new forum. GLAD to see you back!

Drtooth

Reaction score
My take is i have no problem with the joke itself - whoopie cushions are Very Fozzie...but even though you normally wouldn't actually hear him use the term "fart", in this context it worked because of Kermit's set-up and the wording of the punchline actually works better than "whoopie shoes", "noise shoes" etc...BUT what i DID object to was i really hated to see that moment used in the trailer - mainly because so many family-friendly films and/or franchise-based films often are made up of cheap tasteless body humor jokes (sometimes that ends up being the bulk of their content) that showing that moment in the trailer sent an unintended message to the viewer that "The Muppets" would fall in that same category of movie - which is really one of the worst things they could have done in regards to building up peoples' expectations.
I think everyone's past that. I'm still mixed on it, but the fact being that Fozzie would do something like that. I'm more concerned about the use of the Moopets, because that's going to cause some confusion...
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_.../images/4/42/Muppets2011Trailer01-1920_18.jpg

The picture's way too big to post here directly...

While there's NO mistake about the pig, I can just hear people saying "Why is Fozzie gangsta?" I like the Star Trek-ness of the doppelganger Rowlf. But this is a very involved plot point that's too confusing to just add into a movie trailer with no explanation. Even the Toughpigs guy was confused upon first viewing.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I sure do hope that the upcoming new trailer will quickly make its way onto YouTube once it starts appearing in theaters.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
new trailer what i never knew this i can guess they will be doing a parody trailer of captian America or cowboys and aliens but i never knew of a new trailer when was it announced

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I haven't seen a real trailer yet, but I did see the first TV spot!!! I saw it during the new Phineas and Ferb movie on Disney Channel! I would never have thought to see a TV spot this early on, or during this! :smile:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I haven't seen a real trailer yet, but I did see the first TV spot!!! I saw it during the new Phineas and Ferb movie on Disney Channel! I would never have thought to see a TV spot this early on, or during this! :smile:
What was it like?