First Muppet movie TV commercial on the Disney Channel

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
I just finished watching Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension and there was the first commercial for The Muppets!

It was quite incredible to see a brand new commercial featuring some footage we've seen in the trailers and some new footage.

I'm glad they chose to air it during Phineas and Ferb, as it says a lot about the target audience.

Oh boy, was it an awesome experience. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to wait a few weeks and spend 20 bucks to see that movie. And it will be worth it (right? was it good? I'm all about the P&F).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It didn't play on the repeat sadly (unless it happened in the first half-hour I missed).

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
It was during the first half hour of the premiere. Here's a brief synopsis:

Narrator (over the corresponding text): What's green . . . and blue . . . and pink, and orange, and yellow? Has 52 arms, 52 legs, and 26 heads? It's a frog, a pig, a bear, a dog, and a weirdo. It's The Muppets in their brand new movie.

This opening narration was over very colorful text and backgrounds and followed by by clips from the movie with "We Built this City" as background music. There was an odd clip of a human body with a Fozzie head and hands.

I was just so happy to see Disney Channel finally have something Muppet related!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
This opening narration was over very colorful text and backgrounds and followed by by clips from the movie with "We Built this City" as background music. There was an odd clip of a human body with a Fozzie head and hands.
I think that was the gang's disguise to get into see Piggy in France? If you look closely, you can see that one of the hands belongs to Scooter while the head and other hand are Fozzie's... and the body is obviously Segel's. So methinks its some elaborate (read: not all that elaborate) disguise.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I still haven't caught the tv ad yet, but have gone back to keeping my tv on Disney Channel in the background or running the tape recorder to see if i can catch any Muppet mentions/appearances (you'd think by now they'd have had SOME kind of teaser interstitials where they do some behind the scenes interviews or the like...practically all thier other all-ages properties get ample coverage) and while i haven't yet seen the commercial, i did catch the old interstitial of Kermit's "You're watching Disney Channel" - which is at least a small step forward; they didn't even play these around the time of Studio DC!

beakerboy12

Reaction score
and while i haven't yet seen the commercial, i did catch the old interstitial of Kermit's "You're watching Disney Channel" - which is at least a small step forward; they didn't even play these around the time of Studio DC!
I saw that too!!! I was so psyched to see that since they haven't been seen in a real long time! It's a real good sign that for the franchise!