ANOTHER Muppet T-Shirt Design Contest

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I didn't have time to get my Threadless design in, so I might try to submit it to this contest. My problem is getting my drawing from paper to a decent digital image. I have Adobe Illustrator, and a Classroom in a Book for it....but what I lack is the time to sit down and figure that darn program out. Oh well....maybe I'll just use MS Paint. :big_grin:
Look up the tutorial on the "Live Trace" tool in Illustrator. That's where it would be. Hope this helps.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope that this isn't a rehash of the Threadless contest designs. Some of those were fantastic, but technically those entries can't be resubmitted for another month or so without their consent. Plus, i just want to see new stuff.

I have a couple of ideas, but still might sit this one out. I'll be working a 60 hours starting this week. :sympathy:
I just had a thought... if someone submitted something to the other, would they then be disqualified? Especially if it was someone who had a top design in the last contest.

I'm sure somehow, there would be something on some level, either by site management or by the other submitters.

I bet we'll see a lot of Adventure Time pastiches too.

Again, technology is going to make me sit this one out... not that I like contests anyway, but Adventure has the potential for better concepts than friendship. I can envision a LOT of stuff I'd consider submitting, though most of them are too esoteric to consider.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just had a thought... if someone submitted something to the other, would they then be disqualified? Especially if it was someone who had a top design in the last contest.

I'm sure somehow, there would be something on some level, either by site management or by the other submitters.

I bet we'll see a lot of Adventure Time pastiches too.

Again, technology is going to make me sit this one out... not that I like contests anyway, but Adventure has the potential for better concepts than friendship. I can envision a LOT of stuff I'd consider submitting, though most of them are too esoteric to consider.
I don't see how it would. Never seen a contest with such rules. However, I think this round will probably go to somebody other than me or the stripey shirt guy. There are about 5 artists I'm watching with interest.

Still wondering if my new 60 hour work week will allow for enough time to contribute something.

beaker

Reaction score
Surprised I never heard of We Fine. From what I can tell(even tho its a bit to Pony/Brony heavy for my taste) I like the vibe and style of their shirts way more than threadless. Threadless just feels a tad bit *too* hipsterish(and Im a total hipster! lol)
I actually feel more free to come up with something dashing and fun with this than I did with the Threadless contest.

beaker

Reaction score
I didn't have time to get my Threadless design in, so I might try to submit it to this contest. My problem is getting my drawing from paper to a decent digital image. I have Adobe Illustrator, and a Classroom in a Book for it....but what I lack is the time to sit down and figure that darn program out. Oh well....maybe I'll just use MS Paint. :big_grin:
I say just had draw it and scan it into photoshop. Thats all I ever do. I never got illustrator or flash. I do another method for clean line art to get a vectorish look...basically I pencil and ink on paper, scan, then add a layer where i use various curved lines to go replace the ink.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, it's official. I will have no time to complete a shirt by the deadline, but i had my fun and it will be great to enjoy this contest purely as a fan! Saying that, I have hope that some good stuff is going to come right under the wire at 11:59 pm (Pacific Standard Time) this Sunday. I'll be just getting home from work then. Here are my top 10 faves of the 108 entries so far: