Sesame Workshop Trying To Have It Both Ways(Bert/Ernie issue)

beaker

Reaction score
Right, yes, lol. Which is understandable. But the problem is some men don't always care to look for quality female characters either (I know I'm generalizing). So it's a cause that doesn't always get a lot of support.
I have no interest in entertainer women(be they singers, actresses, performers, etc) based on looks, though I understand a lot of male bands or female actresses may appeal to people simply as eye candy. To me the more honest, human, warm and genuine the more sexy. That's why Im disappointed in Zooey Deschenel's new sitcom, as she usually played in roles that catered to the quirky...and here she's reduced to a show catering to the lowerst common demoninator(the bro crowd)

But this is why I find Bernadette a zillion times hotter than Penny on Big Bang Theory:smile:

But do you know ANYONE who goes to a concert and give a crap about the opening act? I remember going to the ONLY concert I ever went to (take a wild guess... really...) and I was worried I was going to get there late, and there was a comedian there halfway through the act. I was relieved. That's what they're there for... exposure, to get the audience ramped up, and to give people who think they're going to be late a huge sigh of relief.
As someone who goes to a lot of shows(a lot of them of the "indie" variety), I have to say often I am blown away or at least quite impressed with opening acts sometimes more than the headliner.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But this is why I find Bernadette a zillion times hotter than Penny on Big Bang Theory:smile:
I'm kinda digging Amy, actually. I have NOOOOOO idea why, and it kinda bugs me. I refuse to say which celebs I find really hot, though.

Zooey's show seems to me a complete knockoff of ABC's Happy Endings. I sort of like that show, or at least like things about it... but not half as much as I dig The Office or Modern family. If nothing else, that show has the least gay gay character I've ever seen. Gotta give it credit for that. And whoever is responsible for Whitney should be forced to watch that show for all eternity. Nothing's a more fitting punishment.

beaker

Reaction score
I'm kinda digging Amy, actually. I have NOOOOOO idea why, and it kinda bugs me. I refuse to say which celebs I find really hot, though.

Zooey's show seems to me a complete knockoff of ABC's Happy Endings. I sort of like that show, or at least like things about it... but not half as much as I dig The Office or Modern family. If nothing else, that show has the least gay gay character I've ever seen. Gotta give it credit for that. And whoever is responsible for Whitney should be forced to watch that show for all eternity. Nothing's a more fitting punishment.
The reason I have such venom toward "Whitney" is because the character is just like every single spoiled skinny girl or woman I've met who thinks the world(and guys) revolve around her and thinks everything she does(including bodily functions) is "cute"...and that she can get by on her looks alone. Freaking disgusting show.

I've tried watching Zooey's new show a few times, but I just don't like the vibe. Total bro show. She should be working at an indie record store or someplace cool, and have cool Williamsburg hipster nerdy friends going on oddball adventures. I can't believe she'd agree to swill like this.

The ONLY shows I now watch are Big Bang Theory, Office(new season hasnt made me laugh much, but I love "Robert California" and do not miss Steve Carell),
Modern Family(didnt know how much Id fall in love with the dynamic), and sometimes The Middle and Up All Night. I love Curb Your Enthusiasm but its so irregularly made and aired. Its difficult for me to get into Always Sunny. 30 Rock is excellent at what it is, the timing...but I kind of fell out of it. Ashton Kutcher 2.5 men is unwatchable sadly.

And maybe its just me, but something about How I Met Your Mother....its hard for me to get into that show. Part of it is what a giant db NPH is on the show. For a gay guy, he sure plays one of the most obnoxiously unlikeable straight guys Ive ever seen on tv next to Quagmire. I really miss King of Queens, Ellen and Seinfeld, but sadly Big Bang is the only traditional sitcom I still like.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The reason I have such venom toward "Whitney" is because the character is just like every single spoiled skinny girl or woman I've met who thinks the world(and guys) revolve around her and thinks everything she does(including bodily functions) is "cute"...and that she can get by on her looks alone. Freaking disgusting show.
I just hate it because it's something that would be a midseason replacement 8-10 years ago that should have ended after the third episode. But for some reason people like it? Yeah, she is a self absorbed not that attractive "outspoken" (read: snotty like everyone else) and seems to have a bug up her butt about everything and just makes lame 90's style sarcastic barbs about everything... but it's the poor attempt at humor with very "mature" peepee and weewee jokes that drives me insane. I also HATED the heck out of New Christine, and I see that almost the same kind of show.

As for Barney Stintson... I think the subtlety is lost on you. it's not so much the guy's a womanizing tool, but the fact that he's got arrested development written all over him and he thinks he's cool. He's fooling himself, and has been his whole life. A LOT of crap happened to the character... his mother was easy, he was under the belief his father was Bob Barker because his mother constantly lied to him to spare his feelings... my favorite bit was he used to be an overly sensitive 90's hippy type and his girlfriend ran off with an overbearing rich snotball, and he took on that personality. The story now is he's trying very hard to get into and keep an actual relationship. He WILL be married off eventually. They pretty much gave that one away.

beaker

Reaction score
Maybe I just need to watch HIMYM from the beginning, as Ive seen a couple random episodes and it kind of irked me. Not Jason or the other guy, to me those are golden moments. I LOVE CBS for keeping the sitcom alive tho!

What do you think of 2 Broke girls? I still cant get into Mike and Molly. Its nothing but fat jokes. On Roseanne, they were two overweight working class people but I dont remember many fat jokes. I guess anything is better than Friends, I just cringe whenever a rerun comes on(cant believe I used to watch that) My two favorite 90's sitcoms besides Seinfeld were of course Mad About You(not sure why I love that one so much, Im like the shows only fan it seems) and Ellen. And the short lived Margaret Cho sitcom All American Girl. I'll be sad when traditional laugh track sitcoms go away.

I gave Always Sunny a chance, and just cant get into it. But some comedies that I didnt like at first I got really into

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe I just need to watch HIMYM from the beginning, as Ive seen a couple random episodes and it kind of irked me. Not Jason or the other guy, to me those are golden moments. I LOVE CBS for keeping the sitcom alive tho!

What do you think of 2 Broke girls? I still cant get into Mike and Molly. Its nothing but fat jokes.
Broke Girls is alright, I guess...Mike and Molly seems to have dumped the fat jokes, at least the constant barrage of them lately. I REALLY didn't like the first episode where it was nothing but. Especially that fat= cannibal joke in the first episode. That was a clentch your teeth together and go "thhhhhhh" line.

But Neil's character in HIMYM has gone through quite a bit of character development. In the 90's he would have just been that flat man-ho type character and be a catchphrase. They never would have given him a backstory or any depth of any kind. There's a great episode last season where he's trying hard to settle down, but just can't. But I LOVE Jason on that show. Actually, Allison wazzername. This is the ONLY thing she was in I liked her in. never got into Buffy and I do NOT want to watch the American Pie things. But yeah, Neil's character had gradual depth the past few seasons. it's a show that took me forever to get into myself (seemed a LOT like the British show Coupling at the beginning), but now I'm glad I did.

Only sitcom I truly hate on CBS is Rules of Engagement. Big ENG fan I am, I really wanted to like a show with Kuzco and Kronk in it... heck, Patrick Warburton in it. But it's just... horrid. Though I liked the reference to Scooter from the Muppets in one episode.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the only Muppets that are gay are Howard Tubman and his look alike that's openly gay with a Bison.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The whole thing is riducoulous.
They're freinds Okay?
But they should make them sleep in sperate beds to make people happy

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but the point isn't if they are or they aren't... the point is that Sesame Workshop is constantly denying it, but marketing Ernie and Bert merchandise with supposed gay symbols, like rainbows. As I said, it's a snide aside to those who found malicious intent in the old joke. Also, I have to add, the fact that they put a LOT of adult innuendo on their shirts too... so they're just running with things that college kids wear on their T-Shirts now...

AND I Still can't find the "All your cookie are belong to me." one