Your Thoughts: Jason Segel and The Muppets on Saturday Night Live November 19

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm surprised Walter wasn't there. I'm still convinced I saw Peter Linz in the audience when Statler and Waldorf did their bit. In fact.... here. Here's a screenshot I just took:

The yellow arrows are pointing to who I believe is Peter Linz. Right? Was he helping opperate maybe Fozzie, since Eric was probably doing Piggy in the opening?

Also, is that Matt sitting next to him? With the red arrows pointing to him? I'm not completely sure on this one, but it certainly looks a lot like him.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I was also hoping for a bit where the SNL cast members would play the Muppets, like they did for the Seth Rogen episode. I figured Nasim could take over Janice, Taran I bet could do a Kermit, and I thought Paul would be an adorable Walter. And then the actual Muppets could have come in at the end. But oh well. Still a pretty great episode nonetheless.

TML

Reaction score
We've been worried for years that Disney would kiddify The Muppets, but I think all the late night tv appearances should put our minds to rest. The SNL opening felt like the most classic Muppets thing in years. The password game on Jimmy Fallen was pretty good too. The Muppets are back!

Alvin

Reaction score
I loved it! When Jason came out...I kept wondering OK I wonder if the Muppets are gonna show up...he sat down at that piano...and I said hmmmmmm, then he said the word Muppets...BAM! My night was made. LOVED the sketch. It was classic Muppets and I am so glad they are back!!!....Now to apply......lol

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thought the best part of the episode was Kermit's bit on Weekend Update, it was really funny. Aside from that, I thought the best part was Florence and the Machine. Never heard any of their music before, but I was really impressed with her voice.

Frogster

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvLF2-KCdwY&feature=feedu

I've got mp3's, feel free to hit me up.

Also, if you saw Segel coming through the door after the announcer Don Pardo introduced him, you can see a few puppeteers crouching behind the piano lol. If this doesn't prove the Muppets are for adults, then I'm out of ideas haha. When they were onscreen, they got the best laughs.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Also, if you saw Segel coming through the door after the announcer Don Pardo introduced him, you can see a few puppeteers crouching behind the piano lol.
You can really clearly see Dave at the opening. And you can also definitely see Eric crouching when Jason heads over to the piano to start up the song.

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score
man Jason was sure disgusting in some parts especially the family kissing but i did like the "Really" part yeah it was worth sleeping late and watching it