Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Do you hate Scooter?

• Yes, because I'm a terrible person

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No, because I'm wonderful

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Scooter has been one of my favorites since I found out about The Muppets! I think he needs more toys. Like a plush toy or even better..................................................................
Drumroll Please! (Animal drummrolls triange)
............. A PUPPET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
True, he doesn't have anywhere near as much merchandise as Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Piggy, or even some of the Muppets who didn't have as big a role on TMS but became popular later on, like Beaker. Perhaps the new movie will create renewed interest in the character of Scooter.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Yeah I mean if you mainly grew up with the '90s Muppet movies, you wouldn't have gotten to know Scooter as much.
I disagree. I was a 90s baby and I loved Scooter, but then again, I used to watch GMC and MTM practically every day when I was still a kid, but, I guess I'm the 90s baby exception to the whole 'not knowing Scooter' thing.

Scooter has always been a favorite of mine and he always will be <3

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Seriously, Scooter gets way too much hate and way too little respect. What's with all the hate? He's one of the original core cast, and was just as prominent a character as Miss Piggy, Fozzy, or Gonzo, and just as essential to the show, and more prominent by far than fan favorites such as Swedish Chef, Animal, and Beaker. Yet he isn't considered one of the core Muppets these days, and I guess he hasn't been since Richard Hunt's unfortunate demise in 1992. He also seems to get a lot of hate on the internet, appearing on a number of "worst Muppets" lists. Why no love for Scooter?
What?? I'm sitting here with a doll of him on my lap. Why do people hate him?

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
I disagree. I was a 90s baby and I loved Scooter, but then again, I used to watch GMC and MTM practically every day when I was still a kid, but, I guess I'm the 90s baby exception to the whole 'not knowing Scooter' thing.

Scooter has always been a favorite of mine and he always will be <3
Exactly how I grew up. With Muppet Babies and Muppet movies all the way.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Scooter has been one of my favorites since I found out about The Muppets! I think he needs more toys. Like a plush toy or even better..................................................................
Yes. Simply. Yes.

TheVoiceGuy

Reaction score
Wow, this post of mine became somewhat popular!
3 people quoted it and I got my FIRST LIKE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LONG LIVE DA GO-FER!!!!!!!!!!!:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
LONG LIVE DA GO-FER!!!!!!!!!!!:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:
I super-like this quote! I just love Scooter! I'm hoping we get more and more of him in 2012! May 2012 be the year of the go-fer! :wink:.... ok, maybe not as good as your line haha, but I'm hoping he starts getting the treatment he deserves and makes more appearances in whatever the Muppets are doing next year!

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I super-like this quote! I just love Scooter! I'm hoping we get more and more of him in 2012! May 2012 be the year of the go-fer! :wink:.... ok, maybe not as good as your line haha, but I'm hoping he starts getting the treatment he deserves and makes more appearances in whatever the Muppets are doing next year!
I like that, year of the go-fer, its cute, like Scooter :wink:

I joined your Facebook page, I was so happy I found it :smile:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Seconded. I think Disney has made a conscious decision to bring Scooter back to the forefront recently, so I think it's likely we'll see more of him in 2012. I really want to get the Palisades Scooter Bust, but I can't get it any cheaper than $80 on eBay, so I have to choose between that or the Dark Crystal Mystic Statue. Tough choice for me.