Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Do you hate Scooter?

• Yes, because I'm a terrible person

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No, because I'm wonderful

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
Not a fan of that cover. It just looks very strange, like they took the movie poster and did a bad job cropping it. I also noticed right away that Scooter was missing :smirk:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't count as double-post since it was a few days ago since the last post but I thought I really had to post this, and in-keeping with the subject of the disrespect Scooter can get, I'd share my concern and aggravation (this is puttting it lightly) on the cover for the DVD/ Blu ray of The Muppets:

Now, this to me looks poorly done and I hate it for a number of reasons. For one there's the obvious and odd disappearance of Gonzo's head. I think the cover looks a little bit like a bad photoshop job, but as a Scooter fan what really irks me is that they've cut Scooter out of this cover. As I've said before, I haven't seen the movie yet (have to wait till February) but as I understand it - and I'm hoping - Scooter is basically a main character in this movie, yet they have Pepe on this cover and recently I had inadvertently stumbled onto the fact/spoiler that Pepe barely appears in the film; I believe he only has one line or scene.

And to me it just feels it will end all this wonderful promotion and time we've had waiting in anticipation for the movie on a sort of sour note. I can't help but feel sad over the fact that just when it seemed like Disney was finally giving Scooter and other characters the respect and treatment they deserve, they go ahead and do this for what is essentially the final release of the movie. I mean, for godssakes, they put him in a number of official posters, the cover for the soundtrack and various other promotions! Why gives us this for the DVD cover?!?! Why cut him out?!

I don't know how everyone else feels about this cover, but that's just my feelings on it. I REALLY hope this isn't the official design!
I agree with what everyone says about Pepe being on the cover. I mean what are we trying to appeal to the small percentage that says he's one of their favorite Muppets? Pepe isn't bad, but even if he had a larger role in the movie I would rather have Gonzo on the cover. Gonzo's the coolest , funniest, and nicest whatever in the world!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Hmmm...couldn't they have just kept the original movie poster rather than this zoomed in/photoshopped piece. Its akward how they put Walter up top too.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I just saw Scooter's rendition of "Six String Orchestra" from episode 417, and I loved it. It was great seeing Scooter playing up on stage with the Electric Mayhem, even if it was just in his imagination. Scooter rarely has his own musical numbers, but the few he's done are some of my favorite numbers from the show.

We Got Us

Reaction score
This irks me beyond all reasoning. First off, why IS Gonzo's head missing?! It's just creepy! And don't even get me started on Scooter being edited out. Why not use the cover of the soundtrack? That one had the whole cast and looked spiffy. I REALLY hope this changes. Maybe a petition?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just saw Scooter's rendition of "Six String Orchestra" from episode 417, and I loved it. It was great seeing Scooter playing up on stage with the Electric Mayhem, even if it was just in his imagination. Scooter rarely has his own musical numbers, but the few he's done are some of my favorite numbers from the show.
Yes it's one of my favorite Muppet Show moments. I was going through a rough time and had rented one of the Muppet Show Time Life DVDs, which really helped me get through. :wink:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Yes it's one of my favorite Muppet Show moments. I was going through a rough time and had rented one of the Muppet Show Time Life DVDs, which really helped me get through. :wink:
Yeah, watching Muppets is a great way to lift your spirits when you're down. Unless it's Muppets Wizard of Oz, It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas, or Muppets From Space, which would only depress me more, personally:sigh:.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, watching Muppets is a great way to lift your spirits when you're down. Unless it's Muppets Wizard of Oz, It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas, or Muppets From Space, which would only depress me more, personally:sigh:.
LOL, exactly. :wink:

We Got Us

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAA!! How extremely and depressingly true. :embarrassed: