1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Scooterforever, Nov 28, 2011.

?

Do you hate Scooter?

1. Yes, because I'm a terrible person

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. No, because I'm wonderful

58 vote(s)
    96.7%
  3. Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

1 vote(s)
    1.7%

1. We Got Us

We Got Us Active Member

Haven't been here for a while. Just re-asserting my love for the go-fer.;)
    Blessings ya'll, continue to gush, he deserves it.
  2. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

Darn right he does! I saw the new movie for the first time in an advance screening on Sunday and loved it! Listened to the soundtrack 5 times now as well. The film opens here in the UK today and I'm going for my second viewing in a couple hours :)

Also, I don't why it's taken me this long to post a pic but this shirt finally arrived in the mail for me a couple weeks ago. I first wore it on Sunday and I shall be wearing it to each viewing of the film ;)
    We Got Us likes this.
  3. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I covet that shirt.
  4. FletchySRF3088

This is where I got it ;)

You can choose different styles, colours and add any text you want to it too. I thought I'd put what it is arguably Scooter's most famous phrase onto mine.
  5. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Neato Dorito. Thanks for the link!
  6. FletchySRF3088

Just got back home from a fun time at a friend's wedding and came back online to this wonderful, unbelieveable surprise!!!

I said this when I posted it on facebook and my Scooter fan page, and I think it bears repeating:

7. We Got Us

We Got Us Active Member

I'm still reeling! Whoohoo! When you posted it that, I had to read it like five times before it hit me. Can't wait to see the vid!!!
  8. FletchySRF3088

Pretty much my reaction when I first saw it on ToughPigs ;)
  9. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

Awww, how wonderful! I can't wait to see the video!
  10. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

After listening to the new Scooter, he sounds too much like grown up Baby Bear, but eh, he's still awesome.
  11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Scooter at TED is making my entire year, LOL. Somebody PLEASE put up some footage, especially of his "Muppets vs. CGI" talk!
  12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

The video's on the thread about the conference in the Muppet Appearances section.
  13. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

^ Thank you! *runs off to watch the video* :D
    Muppet fan 123 and heralde like this.
  14. FletchySRF3088

Well, today feels great to not only be a muppet fan, but a Scooter nerd too (in other words, me :D). This is just wonderful to watch. I wish the video quality were better and wouldn't go out of sync but it's still an enjoyable watch. I love how excited and passionate Scooter gets in this and the new attitude that we're seeing here from David's Scooter for the first time. It seems to be a new direction David is taking him in and I like it!

The voice doesn't sound like Richard's, I know but to me, the character is all there and that's all that matters. Other recasts don't sound the same as their original voices either. Steve's Kermit doesn't sound exactly like Jim's but it still feels like Kermit to me and I think Steve has very much made Kermit his own too. I'm confident that David can do this with Scooter and I think this video is proof of that.
    Nasubionna likes this.
  15. heralde

Yeah I think the essence of Scooter and his tendency to get very passionate about things is there. ;)
    FletchySRF3088 likes this.
  16. heralde

OK I just had to share this (if it hasn't been mentioned before), from the Memoirs of a Muppet Writer book:

"Richard was the unofficial tour guide of The Muppet Show....One day a class of blind children were touring the show. I walked into the shop to see Richard performing Scooter for them. Scooter was talking to one pretty little blonde girl of eight or nine.

'Here, feel my face. Here's my nose. Cute, isn't it. Be careful of my eye! And, what do you think of my jacket? Pretty cool, huh?'

The little girl and her friends were giggling uncontrollably. The memory of that is always the first thing that comes to mind when I think of my dear friend, Richard Hunt."
    Skye, Ozymandias and FletchySRF3088 like this.
  17. FletchySRF3088

That is absolutely beautiful! I must get my hands on this book! I think I may post that quote on my Scooter fan page too ;)
    heralde likes this.
  18. heralde

Oh yeah you definitely should! ;) I actually just found the preview on Amazon, hehe. But yeah I definitely need to buy the actual book at some point (my birthday is coming up, hehe).
    FletchySRF3088 likes this.
  19. FletchySRF3088

Oh kewl! That would make a great Bday gift! I hope you get it! :)
  20. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Don't know if anybody brought this up yet, but a quick scan of the poll results reveals that one person dislikes Scooter. After seeing the TED video, I have no doubt that Scooter is going to track this person down and set them straight.