Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Do you hate Scooter?

• Yes, because I'm a terrible person

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No, because I'm wonderful

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

We Got Us

Reaction score
I sometimes worry people think I'm some sort of "Scooter Freak" haha;
I haven't seen the new movie yet. Unfortunately it doesn't get released here in the UK till February :frown:. But it's certainly looking like Scooter's back to the fore again - right where he belongs! :smile:
Well, greetings to the UK from a fellow 'Scooter Freak' right here in the U.S. of A! I'm proud of the title, lol. I liked your facebook page, I had been trying to find a good legitimate looking one for a while, so thanks for setting it up and the photos are SO cute! Sorry you guys have to wait so long for the movie, that's a super bummer :sympathy: but seriously, it'll be worth the wait right? And Scooter does have an excellent role in the film, one of the best in a while. (and no cage-dancing, thank the good Lord, huh? :wink:) His voice is also sounding a lot better--but I don't wanna give away too much. Glad to find more obsessive go-fer fans like myself coming out of the woodwork!

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Well, greetings to the UK from a fellow 'Scooter Freak' right here in the U.S. of A! I'm proud of the title, lol. I liked your facebook page, I had been trying to find a good legitimate looking one for a while, so thanks for setting it up and the photos are SO cute! Sorry you guys have to wait so long for the movie, that's a super bummer :sympathy: but seriously, it'll be worth the wait right? And Scooter does have an excellent role in the film, one of the best in a while. (and no cage-dancing, thank the good Lord, huh? :wink:)
Thanks, fellow go-fer fan and thanks for joining the page! Yeah I have a feeling this movie will be worth the wait. It's just hard trying to avoid spoilers and what-not in this day and age of the internet! I've already seen the beginning of the 'We Built This City' montage on youtube (they just show the start of it, not the whole thing) and I just love it! I'm trying so hard though not to watch it too much though, so I don't enjoy it any less when I see the movie but it's becoming a challenge. For one thing, I prefer a broom-dancing Scooter to a cage-dancing one :wink:

His voice is also sounding a lot better--but I don't wanna give away too much.
From the clips I've seen so far, and the SNL appearance, I couldn't agree more about his voice. David Rudman just seems to be getting better and better now. It seems to me that not only has he gotten his voice down, but also the personality that Richard gave him - which I kinda felt Scooter was lacking in some other projects over the years.

I, of course say this without seeing the movie yet, but it's wonderful to see that Jason Segel and Nick Stoller seem to care about Scooter just as much as we do.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Yes, David Rudman managed to capture his more youthful/slightly geeky Richard side, which makes me ridiculously happy. :big_grin: I love the photos on your page (as in you can tell, since I've been commenting on like every single one :wink:) And I pray you much strength waiting on that movie. I can't imagine the self-control that goes into not watching spoilers...lol. And yes, I am really glad someone remembered Scooter and what a vital character he was, my favorite thing about the new movie was (not a spoiler!) just that it seemed like they had re-watched the Muppet show and taken notes on who did what and how important they were, so we got the old order of characters back.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
It was nice to see Scooter so prominately in the new film. I hope that someone comes out with a Scooter plush though... I miss my old one from when I was little :frown: When I was young he was my favorite... probably more Fozzie now, but there is always a special plac ein my heart for Scooter. I even hunted down my old fisher Price stick puppet figure one of the last times I visited my Parents. Really I surprisingly well made toy for back then and I think the best of those figures.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Llleeeooovvedd it!! Great job Dominicboo1! Check out mine and give me an honest review will you, please? :smile:
I think you are making a pretty darn funny story! There's just enough breaking the fourth wall jokes the Muppets are famous for, and the Darth Vader Cameo was funny. I love how you used my bud Rowlf in it,and Sprocket and Doc's roles reminded me of Muppet Family Christmas. In short it's a good story so far!

Scooterforever

Reaction score
It was nice to see Scooter so prominately in the new film. I hope that someone comes out with a Scooter plush though... I miss my old one from when I was little :frown: When I was young he was my favorite... probably more Fozzie now, but there is always a special plac ein my heart for Scooter. I even hunted down my old fisher Price stick puppet figure one of the last times I visited my Parents. Really I surprisingly well made toy for back then and I think the best of those figures.
I'm currently bidding on a MIB Fisher Price Scooter figure at a local auction house, at $3. Bidding ends at the end of the month (it's one of those places where you just write your assigned number and and bid amount on a slip). Kind of upset at how little Scooter merchandise there's been. I saw a rare ceramic Scooter ornament (he was ice scating) up on eBay a week ago, but it was going for quite bit of money (by a bit I mean A LOT).

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I love the photos on your page (as in you can tell, since I've been commenting on like every single one :wink:)
Oh, thank you! Glad you like and I really appreciate all the likes and comments! There'll be more photos/screencaps to come soon!

And yes, I am really glad someone remembered Scooter and what a vital character he was, my favorite thing about the new movie was (not a spoiler!) just that it seemed like they had re-watched the Muppet show and taken notes on who did what and how important they were, so we got the old order of characters back.
I recently listened to an interview with Jason Segel and Nick Stoller and I recall them saying that they had re-watched Muppet Show episodes and the first three films while writing the movie, so you're spot on there!

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't count as double-post since it was a few days ago since the last post but I thought I really had to post this, and in-keeping with the subject of the disrespect Scooter can get, I'd share my concern and aggravation (this is puttting it lightly) on the cover for the DVD/ Blu ray of The Muppets:

Now, this to me looks poorly done and I hate it for a number of reasons. For one there's the obvious and odd disappearance of Gonzo's head. I think the cover looks a little bit like a bad photoshop job, but as a Scooter fan what really irks me is that they've cut Scooter out of this cover. As I've said before, I haven't seen the movie yet (have to wait till February) but as I understand it - and I'm hoping - Scooter is basically a main character in this movie, yet they have Pepe on this cover and recently I had inadvertently stumbled onto the fact/spoiler that Pepe barely appears in the film; I believe he only has one line or scene.

And to me it just feels it will end all this wonderful promotion and time we've had waiting in anticipation for the movie on a sort of sour note. I can't help but feel sad over the fact that just when it seemed like Disney was finally giving Scooter and other characters the respect and treatment they deserve, they go ahead and do this for what is essentially the final release of the movie. I mean, for godssakes, they put him in a number of official posters, the cover for the soundtrack and various other promotions! Why gives us this for the DVD cover?!?! Why cut him out?!

I don't know how everyone else feels about this cover, but that's just my feelings on it. I REALLY hope this isn't the official design!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Muppet DVD covers haven't looked right in a long time; as you say they have that Photoshopped appearance. And Kermit kind of disturbs me in that shot. It looks like he's about to do something naughty or something, lol.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I noticed that Scooter was missing, which didn't thrill me... but I can't believe I didn't notice that Gonzo has been beheaded. Good grief!