1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Scooterforever, Nov 28, 2011.

?

Do you hate Scooter?

Yes, because I'm a terrible person 1 vote(s) 1.7%
No, because I'm wonderful 57 vote(s) 96.6%
Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind 1 vote(s) 1.7%

1. Puckrox Well-Known Member

Remember when Gonzo used to have a head? Yeah, those were some good times.
  2. heralde Well-Known Member

Though to be fair, it could be Gonzo after one of his ill-fated stunts, lol. :concern:
    Puckrox likes this.
  3. Scooterforever Active Member

I've always had a tendency to gravitate toward the more unappreciated member of a fictional group; Donatello (TMNT), Geordi Laforge (ST: TNG), Nightcrawler of the X-men (though basically any X-men member who isn't Wolverine is unappreciated). All these characters are essential members of their respective teams, but always seem to come in last in character polls. It's the same with Scooter; he was just as essential a character as Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, or Piggy in the original show, but remains largely unloved. Hopefully his prominence in The Muppets will change that, and he'll start appearing more frequently in Muppet projects again.
    FletchySRF3088 and We Got Us like this.
  4. heralde Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of Donatello and Nightcrawler too! Barcley was my favorite on TNG, but Laforge is great too (and they were friends on the show). I remember as a kid watching Levar Burton in the morning on Reading Rainbow and then on Saturday nights watching him as Geordi on Star Trek. Probably my first exposure as a kid to the concept of "This guy is an actor who plays different parts."
  5. We Got Us Active Member

>pours love upon the go-fer of my heart<
  6. Scooterforever Active Member

Yeah, I enjoyed Barclay's intro episode, "Holo Pursuits." There was a bit too much Trek techno-babble near the end, but it was interesting how they explored what it's like to be addicted to the holodeck.
  7. heralde Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I mean I could definitely identify with that, wanting to lose yourself in fantasies (books, TV and movies in our case, hehe). I was always really shy and could totally identify with Barclay's pain and how everyone else on the ship had no idea what it was like.

I LOVE that it was Barclay who ended up saving Voyager in the end. :)
  8. Friskies Member

I never really noticed Scooter, but from what I've been watching so far, I like him! I just never noticed him as much as a kid like I did with Kermit, Piggy and Gonzo (i guess that's what being a 90's kid is all about?)
  9. Canadian Fan Member

Out of all of Richard Hunt's characters, Scooter is my favorite. I'm glad that they have someone talented like David Rudman performing him full-time. It was great seeing Scooter in the movie with other classic characters.
  10. heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah I mean if you mainly grew up with the '90s Muppet movies, you wouldn't have gotten to know Scooter as much.
  11. MuppetySmurf Member

Scooter has been one of my favorites since I found out about The Muppets! I think he needs more toys. Like a plush toy or even better..................................................................
    Drumroll Please! (Animal drummrolls triange)
    ............. A PUPPET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    bingboingcutie likes this.
  12. Scooterforever Active Member

True, he doesn't have anywhere near as much merchandise as Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Piggy, or even some of the Muppets who didn't have as big a role on TMS but became popular later on, like Beaker. Perhaps the new movie will create renewed interest in the character of Scooter.
    frogboy4 and DramaQueenMokey like this.
  13. shinycelebi225 Active Member

OMG THAT WOULD LIKE COMPLETE MAI LIFE!!
  14. DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I disagree. I was a 90s baby and I loved Scooter, but then again, I used to watch GMC and MTM practically every day when I was still a kid, but, I guess I'm the 90s baby exception to the whole 'not knowing Scooter' thing.

Scooter has always been a favorite of mine and he always will be <3
    heralde and FletchySRF3088 like this.
  15. shinycelebi225 Active Member

same here my friend.... same here
  16. bingboingcutie Active Member

What?? I'm sitting here with a doll of him on my lap. Why do people hate him?
  17. bingboingcutie Active Member

Exactly how I grew up. With Muppet Babies and Muppet movies all the way.
    DramaQueenMokey and heralde like this.
  18. bingboingcutie Active Member

Yes. Simply. Yes.
  19. MuppetySmurf Member

Wow, this post of mine became somewhat popular!
    3 people quoted it and I got my FIRST LIKE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LONG LIVE DA GO-FER!!!!!!!!!!!;););););)
    bingboingcutie likes this.
  20. FletchySRF3088 Active Member

I super-like this quote! I just love Scooter! I'm hoping we get more and more of him in 2012! May 2012 be the year of the go-fer! ;).... ok, maybe not as good as your line haha, but I'm hoping he starts getting the treatment he deserves and makes more appearances in whatever the Muppets are doing next year!
    MuppetySmurf and DramaQueenMokey like this.