Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Do you hate Scooter?

• Yes, because I'm a terrible person

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No, because I'm wonderful

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

We Got Us

Reaction score
No I didn't know that, so did Kermit rehire Wayne and Wanda, because Muppet Morsels tell me he fired them. I really like Uncle Deadly though. He was such a fun character especially in Muppet Melodramas. My favorite character to see return was defiently Rowlf though, he's one of my favorite Muppets.
>gasp< Rowlf is my number one fave (after Scooter of course :big_grin:) And I assume he rehired them, I mean, where else is a Muppet singing duet to go? I love uncle deadly too, he's such a weird and neat personality, and I love his voice. By the way, here's an episode where Nigel demonstrates his whistling skills, skip to 3:37. This tune was stuck in my head for weeks:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
>gasp< Rowlf is my number one fave (after Scooter of course :big_grin:) And I assume he rehired them, I mean, where else is a Muppet singing duet to go? I love uncle deadly too, he's such a weird and neat personality, and I love his voice. By the way, here's an episode where Nigel demonstrates his whistling skills, skip to 3:37. This tune was stuck in my head for weeks:
[/quot
That's true, The Muppet Show Sex and Violece though was the special that has Nigel as the host in case you were curious about it.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Yes, I've seen it at least twice. If anything, just to figure out what Nigel actually sounded like since I was using him in a fic.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Really? What is it about? I'm writing a fanfic myself.
i'm writing two: Muppets at Sea, which I started a long time ago (the one with Nigel, but I'll have him in the new one too, I'm sure) and a Christmas story which is under my friend bouncingbabyfig's thread: "Under the Mistletoe" mine is called. "They've only got one another." Sorry for you confusion! What's yours called and where can I find it?! :smile:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
i'm writing two: Muppets at Sea, which I started a long time ago (the one with Nigel, but I'll have him in the new one too, I'm sure) and a Christmas story which is under my friend bouncingbabyfig's thread: "Under the Mistletoe" mine is called. "They've only got one another." Sorry for you confusion! What's yours called and where can I find it?! :smile:
I've been writing one called the Muppets and the Dark Crystal. It links basically all your favorite Henson worlds together. I have mainly major ones now, but I would like to work in Rowlf, Scooter, Robin, and Annie Sue and others.

We Got Us

Reaction score
I've been writing one called the Muppets and the Dark Crystal. It links basically all your favorite Henson worlds together. I have mainly major ones now, but I would like to work in Rowlf, Scooter, Robin, and Annie Sue and others.
Yay Annie Sue! She's cute isn't she? I always thought she'd make such a great match for Link. I'll look yours up, especially if it has my Scooter in it :wink:.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
She is really cute! I hope you enjoy it! I'm workign on a chapter now!

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Wow! First time I've seen this thread! Just love the title in general :wink: I sometimes worry people think I'm some sort of "Scooter Freak" haha; he's my favourite Muppet without a doubt, I made a fangroup from him on Facebook (now it's a fanpage). I just love him, there's something about him that makes him stand out to me and he's always struck me as an interesting character. Even in the way he's been treated after Richard passed away - during the time when other Jim and Richard characters appeared in MCC, MTI and MT, either with a new performer or in silent background appearances, Scooter didn't appear at all! Then slowly but surely, he's been making a comeback and (correct me if I'm wrong) probably had the most number of performers in that journey back.

I haven't seen the new movie yet. Unfortunately it doesn't get released here in the UK till February :frown:. But it's certainly looking like Scooter's back to the fore again - right where he belongs! :smile: