Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Do you hate Scooter?

• Yes, because I'm a terrible person

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No, because I'm wonderful

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Scooter might have been slightly manipualtive, and taking advantage of his Uncle being owner of the theater, but a certain extermely popular Muppet thinks mainly of herself and gets away with it......:mad:. I like Scotoer! He's a fun character with plenty of personality.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I just saw The Muppets for the fourth time on Friday, and I have to say I noticed Scooter gets quite a bit of screen time. He's in all the scenes which only feature the "core" Muppets, such as when they infiltrate the Vogue office in Paris, or when Kermit goes to ask Tex Richman to give the studio back. Taking this into account along with Scooter's appearance alongside the other "core" Muppets on their recent SNL appearance, I get the feeling the writers are trying to re-establish Scooter as one of the core Muppets. After all, on the original show he was just as prominent a character as Fozzy, Miss Piggy, or Gonzo. It's strange he was never given a larger role in the first three Muppet movies.

We Got Us

Reaction score
I get the feeling the writers are trying to re-establish Scooter as one of the core Muppets. After all, on the original show he was just as prominent a character as Fozzy, Miss Piggy, or Gonzo. It's strange he was never given a larger role in the first three Muppet movies.
I hope so! Oh please! And I hope they get his old enthusiastic Muppet Show personality back! :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's strange he was never given a larger role in the first three Muppet movies.
I always got the impression they just weren't sure how to fit him in. On The Muppet Show he had a clear role to fill backstage, but now there's no backstage, lol.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I've never bothered with "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" either. I much prefer "Muppet Family Christmas," a Muppets crossover of EPIC proportions!!! Wish they woulda thrown the Muppets of DC and Labyrinth in there too:wink:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I always got the impression they just weren't sure how to fit him in. On The Muppet Show he had a clear role to fill backstage, but now there's no backstage, lol.

He seemed part of the gang the most in MTM... they don't meet up with him in the first one until they find the abandoned Presbyterian Church where Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem are performing, he pops up in the Happiness Hotel in the next one, and his presence only grows, but MTM he seemed to have a larger role... I would have to check, though.

Really, it's a shame they didn't recast him in MCC... he would have made a wonderful Scrooge's Nephew.