1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Scooterforever, Nov 28, 2011.

?

Do you hate Scooter?

1. Yes, because I'm a terrible person

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. No, because I'm wonderful

58 vote(s)
    96.7%
  3. Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

1 vote(s)
    1.7%

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

You know I haven't thought of this in awhile but a few years ago I had a dream where Kermit was depressed and bored so he was walking around the Muppet Show theater and discovered one of Scooter's computer games. The object of the game: the more ways you get what you want because your Uncle owns the theater, the more money and points you score...and Kermit actually started enjoying it! Lol, I still can't believe my unconscious actually imagined something like that, lol. ;)
  2. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

^^Hahaha that's hilarious! :)
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Since we're talking about Scooter, my first fanfic I started features Scooter as one of three characters narrating a story, called The Secret Life of a Background Character.

OK, I'm done promoting my fic. :o
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Lol, thanks glad you liked! It was pretty funny, especially when Kermit started really getting into the game, lol. I guess he liked being on the other side of things for once! ;)

Sounds cool, Hubert, I'd love to check it out when it's done. :)
  5. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

So, I've been thinking about this a lot lately; is Scooter secretly rich? It was implied he worked for Google in The Muppets, so aside from working at a billion-dollar company for a time, he probably has Google stock too. Also, I believe his Uncle JP passed away, and seeing how JP was quite fond of Scooter, it's possible he left him some money in his will. Either way, it seems logical to assume he's pretty well off.
  6. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I think that's a fair assumption to make, since JP had money, and Scooter seemed eager to please him. So he's probably very comfortable.
  7. Scooterforever

If so, he could've just bought the theater from Richman;).
  8. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

He and Gonzo could have had a bidding war if Gonzo hadn't pushed the shiny, jolly, candy-like red button.

Who knows if Scooter inherited much from uncle JP? JP might have left his estate to his one true love: his business. After all, people don't make money, businesses do!
    heralde likes this.
  9. Scooterforever

Yeah, but even if he didn't inherit anything, the fact remains he worked at Google, a multi-million dollar company. Heck, maybe he's still working there; they never said he left.
  10. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Just 'cause he worked at Google doesn't mean he had a ton of money. In fact, they said he worked on Google Wave. Don't know what that is? I'm not surprised. That's how big a success it was.
  11. Scooterforever

Nope, can't say I have heard of Google Wave. Still, later incarnations portray Scooter as a computer wiz, and that's nothing to sneeze at these days. I wonder if he still breaks out the old skateboard?
  12. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Scooter wasn't my favorite at first because he always seemed to be nagging Kermit in a subversive way ("My uncle who owns this theater loves this act"). But I've warmed up to later versions of him, season 3-onward. And David's doing a pretty good job with Scooter, not to mention Janice.
  13. Animal'sBunny

Animal'sBunny Active Member

Scooter's the best! I love him! My mom says she doesn't like him because of his "my uncle who owns the theater..." but I actually don't mind that. I love the reactions he gets from Kermit when he uses that line. I don't get the hate! ;)
  14. Scooterforever

In the original show, Scooter was at least as prominent and important a character as Rowlf, but like Rowlf, he wasn't as wacky as some of the zanier Muppets, such as Animal or Gonzo. Despite his occasional antics, Scooter is actually pretty laid back and normal. Again, I think this normalcy hurt his popularity among a cast of wacky characters.
  15. MuppetySmurf

MuppetySmurf Member

Poor Scooter, I feed bad for the guy.
  16. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Scooter is easily my favourite Richard Hunt Muppet. He just doesn't get enough credit!
  17. Scooterforever

David Rudman seems to have perfected Scooter since taking over (he had other performers, including Hunt's brother, but none of them sounded right), and Scooter had an arguably major role in The Muppets. Scooter also seems to play a major role in Roger Langridge's Muppet comic book series.