Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Do you hate Scooter?

• Yes, because I'm a terrible person

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No, because I'm wonderful

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I've always had a tendency to gravitate toward the more unappreciated member of a fictional group; Donatello (TMNT), Geordi Laforge (ST: TNG), Nightcrawler of the X-men (though basically any X-men member who isn't Wolverine is unappreciated). All these characters are essential members of their respective teams, but always seem to come in last in character polls. It's the same with Scooter; he was just as essential a character as Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, or Piggy in the original show, but remains largely unloved. Hopefully his prominence in The Muppets will change that, and he'll start appearing more frequently in Muppet projects again.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've always had a tendency to gravitate toward the more unappreciated member of a fictional group; Donatello (TMNT), Geordi Laforge (ST: TNG), Nightcrawler of the X-men
I'm a huge fan of Donatello and Nightcrawler too! Barcley was my favorite on TNG, but Laforge is great too (and they were friends on the show). I remember as a kid watching Levar Burton in the morning on Reading Rainbow and then on Saturday nights watching him as Geordi on Star Trek. Probably my first exposure as a kid to the concept of "This guy is an actor who plays different parts."

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Donatello and Nightcrawler too! Barcley was my favorite on TNG, but Laforge is great too (and they were friends on the show). I remember as a kid watching Levar Burton in the morning on Reading Rainbow and then on Saturday nights watching him as Geordi on Star Trek. Probably my first exposure as a kid to the concept of "This guy is an actor who plays different parts."
Yeah, I enjoyed Barclay's intro episode, "Holo Pursuits." There was a bit too much Trek techno-babble near the end, but it was interesting how they explored what it's like to be addicted to the holodeck.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, I enjoyed Barclay's intro episode, "Holo Pursuits." There was a bit too much Trek techno-babble near the end, but it was interesting how they explored what it's like to be addicted to the holodeck.
Oh yeah I mean I could definitely identify with that, wanting to lose yourself in fantasies (books, TV and movies in our case, hehe). I was always really shy and could totally identify with Barclay's pain and how everyone else on the ship had no idea what it was like.

I LOVE that it was Barclay who ended up saving Voyager in the end. :smile:

Friskies

Reaction score
I never really noticed Scooter, but from what I've been watching so far, I like him! I just never noticed him as much as a kid like I did with Kermit, Piggy and Gonzo (i guess that's what being a 90's kid is all about?)

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
Out of all of Richard Hunt's characters, Scooter is my favorite. I'm glad that they have someone talented like David Rudman performing him full-time. It was great seeing Scooter in the movie with other classic characters.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I never really noticed Scooter, but from what I've been watching so far, I like him! I just never noticed him as much as a kid like I did with Kermit, Piggy and Gonzo (i guess that's what being a 90's kid is all about?)
Yeah I mean if you mainly grew up with the '90s Muppet movies, you wouldn't have gotten to know Scooter as much.

TheVoiceGuy

Reaction score
Scooter has been one of my favorites since I found out about The Muppets! I think he needs more toys. Like a plush toy or even better..................................................................
Drumroll Please! (Animal drummrolls triange)
............. A PUPPET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!