What improvements would you have made to The Muppets Film 2012 (spoilers)

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
It would be funny to see Pepe on the beach or in Spain or something. Rizzo is now a main(ish) character, and he should have had a bigger part. In an interview, Nick Stoller said they wanted to have a bigger part for Rizzo and Bean Bunny, but couldn't fit it in due to time and the plot itself. :shifty:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It's just that he's had a bigger part for a few films now and the older characters weren't getting enough exposure.
Well that's not entirely true unless the farthest back you go is to The Muppet Movie, becuase in TMTM, Rizzo has a pretty big part in it. Then they gave him even bigger parts in the next three films.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well that's not entirely true unless the farthest back you go is to The Muppet Movie, becuase in TMTM, Rizzo has a pretty big part in it. Then they gave him even bigger parts in the next three films.
Well I mean in recent years, Rizzo has been up front a lot of the time. For me, the newer Muppets have largely had two decades to themselves and it's OK to give the classic characters a chance again. :smile:

mo

Reaction score
It feels like they are purposely getting rid of characters like rowlf

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In an interview, Nick Stoller said they wanted to have a bigger part for Rizzo and Bean Bunny, but couldn't fit it in due to time and the plot itself. :shifty:
I read about that, and wonder if there were more characters they wanted to give lines to. I am a little surprised they mentioned Bean Bunny but not Robin. Still, it's a little surprising they didn't use Rizzo more (such as in The Rainbow Connection and the scene at the network) and Bean at all (unless that puppet's no longer in good use).

I've been thinking, maybe it would have been awkward to have given Robin a big role here. He's a child character, and here it's mentioned that the Muppets hadn't been in the public eye in years. Maybe it'd be odd for him to have had any kind of big part wthout it being weird that he's not older. Then again, there is that gag at the beginning that Walter never aged or grew after a certain height.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hmm...the Rizzo thing I'm not too concerned about at this stage. If he doesn't show up in the next movie I'd get considerably worried. But I do agree that there were plenty of characters without adding Rizzo/Pepe. (The use of Pepe here was STUNNING though! But I would have enjoyed to see the scene that Steve Carrel described where Pepe was discovered at a diner about to be served as a dish.) Adding just a small amount of Rizzo may have seemed more of an insult that not having him at all...just a thought. Also, he's often worked with Gonzo in the past and Gonzo wasn't really around much anyway. I would rather see Camilla given lines and scenes with him than Gonzo.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah it was nice to see Gonzo and Camilla back together; it felt like that had been forgotten a bit.
Mmhmmm! In Muppets From Space when he goes to the spaceship without a second thought for his chicken friend(s)! Hehe. (Guess that's more proof that its an alternate universe Gonzo...)