For Crying Out Loud, What is Wrong With You People?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly. I blame that sort of thing for why we're even in a Recession in the first place (too many people buying high end stuff on credit they'll never pay back). And the thing that bugs me is there's no catching up for those with lower incomes. It was bad enough that when they were able to get the next thing, it would be obsolete within a year or two... now things are obsolete the second they leave the Chinese sweatshops (complete with dormitories and suicide prevention nets). And let's face it... who really wants the most top of the line thing when it first comes out ONLY to find out that it's faulty? Look at those PS3's that caught fire (or were they X-Boxes?) and the iPhone that cut out reception if you held it the wrong (and most convenient) way.

There's no grace period. That's why I don't want a Blu. Second I buy one, they'll tell me to throw it out because of something moar betterer. And like I said, quality is one thing, special features are another. No one's catching on BECAUSE everything's going online in the next few years. It's Betamax that Sony's forcing companies to sell up to. Pointless with a small quality difference that makes it cost several times as much.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
And let's face it... who really wants the most top of the line thing when it first comes out ONLY to find out that it's faulty? Look at those PS3's that caught fire (or were they X-Boxes?) and the iPhone that cut out reception if you held it the wrong (and most convenient) way.

There's no grace period. That's why I don't want a Blu. Second I buy one, they'll tell me to throw it out because of something moar betterer. And like I said, quality is one thing, special features are another. No one's catching on BECAUSE everything's going online in the next few years. It's Betamax that Sony's forcing companies to sell up to. Pointless with a small quality difference that makes it cost several times as much.
Those were the original X-boxes. And that is also why I dont buy things right away. I let them iron out the bugs first. As for the blu ray, I dont know how true it is, but I heard that after so many firmware updates, it can't handle any more, forcing you to buy a new one. Again, it could have been made up by someone who hates blu ray that much

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I agree, I don't want to give in and go out to buy a blu-ray player so Disney can get their extra $20 bucks from me!
I really P.Oed about this whole thing!
WHY CAN'T WE HAVE DELETED SCENES? OR A COMMENTARY? ANYTHING???
Nope. We only get a blooper reel. The blooper reel sounds good, BUT THAT'S IT??
I don't want to go out and buy a Blu-Ray!!!!! I'm not paying so much extra for bonus features!!!!
$@^*&% DISNEY!!!!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
$@^*&% DISNEY!!!!!!!!

More like $@^&% every single entertainment company ESPECIALLY Sony.

Though, how come Nickelodeon was generous enough to put 10 deleted scenes AND the alternate ending on the standard version of the Rango DVD?

Seriously, if we could at least have the Deleted scenes and the extended Tex number, I wouldn't make a fuss... but those are the things I was most excited about. I could care less for a Blooper Reel. Something tells me it's barely 5 minutes long.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
More like $@^&% every single entertainment company ESPECIALLY Sony.
Yeah, but Sony doesn't over-price their DVDs. True there are not as much bonus features but it would cost for the plain movie, the MOST between 5 to 10 dollars for TMTM. (I think the Blu-Ray costs $11 at Wal-Mart.)
But Disney on the other hand... they're charging $20 for The Muppets DVD with no bonus features. Why the &%$# so much if there's nothing but a movie??!!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah, but Sony doesn't over-price their DVDs. True there are not as much bonus features but it would cost for the plain movie, the MOST between 5 to 10 dollars for TMTM. (I think the Blu-Ray costs $11 at Wal-Mart.)
But Disney on the other hand... they're charging $20 for The Muppets DVD with no bonus features. Why the &%$# so much if there's nothing but a movie??!!
Those dvds are cheap because they are either made to be cheap or there is a surplus and no one wants them. And uh...you ever look at the prices for new releases? All those cheap movies are old that everyone has seen, or has.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Floyd pointed it out. Prices for new releases are sky high, but in a matter of months in some cases, they're down to 15, even 10 bucks. For the most part, Disney refuses to lower prices. Best you can do is maybe 15 at Target for something that's been out quite a while. Occasionally, really cheap ones they're trying to get rid of will be about 10.

Of course, certain other stores STILL continue to charge a pretty penny for movie DVD's months, even years on end. Those places have a much better selection, sure and Target and Best Buy are killing them.

beaker

Reaction score
Blu ray freaks are like people i know complaining that cds are dying. ALL physical media is going bye bye. It should have happened sooner actually. Hey I miss the 80's and 90's too. But it's twenty twelve. Everything is changing and evolving. I've lamented and opined at length about how I miss so many things that have disappeared and things I dislike in the modern era. But I've come to accept that physical media is going away

Not a single person I know buys tv box sets anymore...why should they? Its all on netflix streaming, itunes or other services. Cloud networking, high speed digital streaming. That's the future. 1080p beamed RIGHT to your tv or downloaded to your hard drive...doesnt matter if you have a bd player or not.

And if you really want to get technical, it's more of just a polite rule people live by with purchasing on itunes or amazon streaming...as everyone knows everything under the sun is available for free. Heck most movies hit the web with blu ray rips before they even hit theaters. Im not at all into commercial music, so most the bands I like just put their music for free online or ask for whatever donation. But I do like both independent/foreign and mainstream big budget films and often prefer seeing them in theaters. But all the theaters near me got rid of film and now project blu ray onto a screen(Century, AMC and Regal/UA) And soon gaming will all be digital downloads.
A lot of the best games of the year are downloads only anyways

With music, you really just need the songs you like. No need for an album with artwork or any of that. Hey, I sometimes miss those days too.

This whole blu ray love reminds me of people who swore by HD-dvd. Um, remember the Game Boy Micro? The Nintendo DSi? The Sony PSP Go? Yeah, none of those lasted more than a year. All this stuff is going bye bye. Just go to Best Buy and look how their movie section has shrank to a couple isles.

People are wising up to what a scam and antiquated notion all this is.