Kermit and Miss Piggy to present award at Oscars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvin

Reaction score
It would be such a HUGE number if Walter and Jason could do it....I can just see it now...Jason walks out...rain in the background starts singing...and all of us home give a thunderous applause!!!!!! LOL

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"The First Time It Happens" lost to "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)" at the '82 Oscars...that's just so weird and bizarre I can't even see straight when I think about it...
Wow I didn't know that either. Well I have to admit, I like both songs a lot, lol.

Alvin

Reaction score
WE WANT AN OSCAR! WE WANT AN OSCAR!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
or that Statler and Waldorf also appeared with Kermit, Scooter and Jim Henson at the '86 Oscars. Very cool.
I saw that appearance at The Paley Center for Media a few years ago and I wrote about it on the RHLC thread:

Kermit gives a speech about how animated characters can do anything (as opposed to real people). Then when the time comes to announce the winner, Scooter realizes he can't open the envelope! (You know, cause his hands don't work that way!). Kermit gets all flustered saying, "I just got done saying animated characters like us can do anything!" :smile:

They cut quickly to Statler and Waldorf in the audience (I think they wonder why these technical problems weren't fixed earlier!), and then back to the stage where now Jim Henson has replaced Kermit and opens the envelope. Jim briefly sounds like Kermit as speaks so he clears his throat and says, "Sorry, I had a frog in my throat!" Scooter laughs at that (sort of humoring his bad joke, lol) and Jim says, "I haven't done that one yet!"

Unfortunately, Richard didn't appear in that bit, probably they figured no one would know who he was, unlike Jim. Still, it's nice to see Scooter listening to the winner's acceptance speech. It keeps the Muppet magic of the moment.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I saw that appearance at The Paley Center for Media a few years ago and I wrote about it on the RHLC thread:

Kermit gives a speech about how animated characters can do anything (as opposed to real people). Then when the time comes to announce the winner, Scooter realizes he can't open the envelope! (You know, cause his hands don't work that way!). Kermit gets all flustered saying, "I just got done saying animated characters like us can do anything!" :smile:

They cut quickly to Statler and Waldorf in the audience (I think they wonder why these technical problems weren't fixed earlier!), and then back to the stage where now Jim Henson has replaced Kermit and opens the envelope. Jim briefly sounds like Kermit as speaks so he clears his throat and says, "Sorry, I had a frog in my throat!" Scooter laughs at that (sort of humoring his bad joke, lol) and Jim says, "I haven't done that one yet!"

Unfortunately, Richard didn't appear in that bit, probably they figured no one would know who he was, unlike Jim. Still, it's nice to see Scooter listening to the winner's acceptance speech. It keeps the Muppet magic of the moment.
I wish that stuff would find its way to Youtube! I wasn't alive in 86. :stick_out_tongue:

zoebell

Reaction score
there's a clip of kermit and piggy singing at the 1982 ceremony. and there's one of piggy introducing rainbow connection at the 1980 one, but kermit singing is cut out

i haven't seen the 96 one, i don't know if it's out there

i wonder if they'll do the red carpet. that'd be cool

Bannanasketch

Reaction score

I know I saw that on youtube one time but I don't think it's there anymore.

zoebell

Reaction score
i wonder if they'll do the red carpet. probably not, i guess it'd be too difficult, technically. unless somebody talks to them behind the scenes or something.

maybe they'll show up on jimmy kimmel's big oscar special he does after the show. i hope we get to see them somewhere other than just the stage, that'd be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.