The "It's A Great Time To Be A Muppet Fan" Thread - No Pessimism Allowed!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thank you for this thread Jamie!!! I was so excited to hear the news about the sequel yesterday! And I am counting the days until I get to own my own copy of The Muppets on DVD!

Alvin

Reaction score
I have heard that all the past movies are going to be released on Bluray and DVD...not sure when, but that's good news enough for me. Now if we can just get Season 1-3 of the Muppet Show on Bluray.....OH YES...I would so buy them!! :smile:

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
For me what defines the "it's a great time to be a Muppet fan" moment is when the general population begins to talk about the Muppets. Of course that's in response to the Muppets getting more media exposure.

I love it when I'm having a casual conversation with someone who doesn't know I'm a Muppet lover and they make a comment about how much they love the Muppets. I've heard some of my mommy friends talk about how their kids listen to the Muppets soundtrack on their phone, or how much they enjoyed the movie. That usually then leads to the topic of how much they loved the Muppets as a kid.

I truly believe that 99% of the population is a Muppet fan, it's just that without consistent exposure they just forget. And thanks to the new movie and the proposed sequel perhaps they'll never forget. :smile:
(And that 1%? Well I hope that I never run into one of them!)

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm so excited by this thread! Thank you for creating it, James! The new Muppet movie will be AWESOME. It really IS a great time to be a Muppet fan.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
It's the little things that really make me know the Muppets are back. Recently, I ran into one of my old high school teachers and we were talking about things. Knowing I was a huge Henson fan, he had asked me if I had seen The Muppets yet. We talked some more and I found out that this movie was very special for him. He was born in 1976 and therefore grew up on a Muppet heavy diet, his mother is a retired puppeteer (not for Henson though) so I guess it was inevitable. It was his two-year old son's first movie in a theater and one of his six-year old daughter's first exposures to the Classic Muppets. He told me that his kids adore the Muppets now. They ended up buying all the other Muppet movies after seeing it and now supposedly have a Muppet plush in every room of the house. It's things like that, not a box office total, that's truly the measure of success. Yeah, other movies made more money this year (including the C and S words I won't name here) but in the long run the Muppets are the real winners. Just search on eBay, people are battling for the older Muppet goods they missed out on. The bits of Muppet merchandise we have are flying off the shelves. An Oscar win. These are all more important in the long run. This is the highest point the Muppets have had since 1990 and I hope they are here to stay.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Me too! 18 More days!
I have heard that all the past movies are going to be released on Bluray and DVD...not sure when, but that's good news enough for me. Now if we can just get Season 1-3 of the Muppet Show on Bluray.....OH YES...I would so buy them!! :smile:
Or a least Seasons 4 +5 to DVD, and I can't wait to get my copy of the Muppets! Disney Store has a good deal that gives you pictures of Kermit playing the banjo, and Walter, but only with Bluray. Ah fiddlestick!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Or a least Seasons 4 +5 to DVD, and I can't wait to get my copy of the Muppets! Disney Store has a good deal that gives you pictures of Kermit playing the banjo, and Walter, but only with Bluray. Ah fiddlestick!
You also get a $10 coupon and I hear they are restocking Pepe so I'm excited. It was 24 bucks but considering all I got with it I'm excited (and the dvd comes with it to boot). the 20th can't come soon enough.

Hubert

Reaction score
Fan forums are natural places for nit-picking, fanatical rants and critiques, but I'm tired of MC turning into a mostly-gripe fest in light of all the frognabbit fantastic Muppet news! That's why I created this area. If this thread flourishes I will continue to visit the forum often. If not then I'm thinking of moving on.
No, we can't let one of our fellow forum members think of moving on!

Now MC members, it's time to make this thread flourish! Make Jamie stick around! Thread Killers, stay off of this thread, we can't let it die! :smile:

Now anyway, it is a great time to be a Muppet fan! The one thing that defines this for me the most is that Uncle Deadly, Behemoth, the Mutations, Thog, Beautiful Day Monster, Afghan Hound, and countless others were REBUILT to make an appearance in 2011. REBUILT! REBUILT! They went to all the trouble to REBUILD Muppets just for us. REBUILT!

In completely unrelated news, Scooter just appeared BY HIMSELF!

Scooter was not REBUILT, but I'll say it again anyway: REBUILT! and BY HIMSELF!

REBUILT!