Speculation: Potential Sequel for "The Muppets"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
D'Snowth: Really? I'm sorry to hear that. I ran into that on other forums, but we were always able to work it out and respect each other's opinions.
Exactly, I have friends who love MCC and MFS and they know I don't, lol, but we just move on and focus on what we both enjoy.

The Muppets aren't Barney, everything doesn't have to be all bright and happy 24/7. :wink:

I always have a certain level of cynicism in this regard, especially when it comes to Muppet projects, since so many have been announced and then yanked - it took me a long time to believe that The Muppets was actually going to happen.
That makes sense. I'm glad that I ended up enjoying the new film, but I don't regret being skeptical beforehand.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
VMX was a ratings hit, and it got a lot of people who didn't even care the Muppets were still around to watch. That's all I'm going to say.
That movie gave me nightmares. That's all I'm going to say, lol. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly, I have friends who love MCC and MFS and they know I don't, lol, but we just move on and focus on what we both enjoy.

The Muppets aren't Barney, everything doesn't have to be all bright and happy 24/7. :wink:
Well, considering how surprisingly dark MTI got in cases and referenced death only a bazillion times, I'm not really sure if that applies... but I've seen far darker versions of a Christmas Carol. The Mickey Mouse one alone had that terrifying imagery of Scrooge McDuck being forced into a direct to Hades fire pit grave by Big Bad Pete with Scrooge screaming "I'LL CHANGE! I'LL CHANGE!"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, considering how surprisingly dark MTI got in cases and referenced death only a bazillion times, I'm not really sure if that applies...
Right, I'm saying the Muppets have never been just purely bright and cheerful.

I can't really judge MTI since I haven't seen the whole thing. Though there a difference between referencing death and being dark.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't really judge MTI since I haven't seen the whole thing. Though there a difference between referencing death and being dark.
Opening number had someone getting shot. That's pretty dark for me. Though they did play one of the scariest characters in the book into an Inspector Clouseau type character... Not to mention that Long John Silver was one of the only 2 Muppet Movie villains that actually tried to kill Kermit.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Opening number had someone getting shot. That's pretty dark for me. Though they did play one of the scariest characters in the book into an Inspector Clouseau type character... Not to mention that Long John Silver was one of the only 2 Muppet Movie villains that actually tried to kill Kermit.
Someone got shot in Hook, but that wasn't dark per se. Dark humor I suppose. Like I said, it's hard since I haven't seen most of MTI. My friend and I keep planning to do a marathon, got to get around to that one of these days, lol. She knows I'm not the biggest fan of post-Henson Muppets but we'll work it out, hehe. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The ONLY thing that bugged me and kinda grossed me out was Scooter dancing in the cage! Ick!!
The entire movie was just one long "this is disturbing." And not that the Muppets have never been disturbing before, but they've always had some deeper meaning behind it. Here it just felt like disturbing and...yeah just disturbing, lol.

Beauregard

Reaction score
The ONLY thing that bugged me and kinda grossed me out was Scooter dancing in the cage! Ick!!
Are we really back on this? VMC has icky parts, yes, but mostly to highlight the non-Icky ending (ala. Its a Wonderful Life) but I think Fozzie's pickpocketing, Gonzo's homelessness, Sam's drug issues and Piggy's destitute situation overshadow Scooter's dancing to be honest...

Bea:zany:{Always rushing to defend VMC since its perhaps my favorite Muppet Christmas production...with all the raw emotion going on}regard

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The entire movie was just one long "this is disturbing." And not that the Muppets have never been disturbing before, but they've always had some deeper meaning behind it. Here it just felt like disturbing and...yeah just disturbing, lol.
That's what I've been saying for YEARS... yes, I know this is supposed to be a spoof/parody of It's a Wonderful Life, but this whole movie seemed like some depressed emo guy crawled out from under his emotional funk and decided to write a random fanfic about the Muppets, then it got turned into a movie... it is easily the WORST Muppet movie yet, I don't see how anyone can prefer this train wreck over MFS, KSY, or even MWoO (the last of which most Muppet Freaks like to pretend never happened for some reason).
Bea:zany:{Always rushing to defend VMC since its perhaps my favorite Muppet Christmas production...with all the raw emotion going on}regard
Are you serious? Are you serious? Beau, I love you man, you know I do, but I cannot see how this could be anyone's favorite Muppet Christmas production... maybe it has something to do with British humor (a lot of what American standards consider offensive is apparently a-okay with your censors I understand), I dunno...