Potential New Muppet Show

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Again because the Muppets are owned by Disney it HAS to be on either abc, abc family or Disney channel as those are the networks they own.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Again because the Muppets are owned by Disney it HAS to be on either abc, abc family or Disney channel as those are the networks they own.
It could also be on NBC. Universal (who owns NBC) doesn't own the property, of course, but Letters to Santa aired on NBC.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
And I think that was before Disney fully bought the Muppets. And with all the money the muppets is pulling in Disney is no way in heck gonna let any station air the muppet show should it come back. It would have to be on one of their three owned stations.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
And I think that was before Disney fully bought the Muppets. And with all the money the muppets is pulling in Disney is no way in heck gonna let any station air the muppet show should it come back. It would have to be on one of their three owned stations.
Disney fully bought the Muppets in 2004. Letters to Santa was 2008. I'm not sure how it aired on NBC; maybe someone out there has a little more information?

I wonder what a new show would be called...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Umm probably just the muppet show? A very muppet Christmas was 2002 and also aired on NBC but I still feel at the time they were still jumping them around. I'll admit I only recently got back into the muppets about 2 years ago. Before that I wasn't really into them more cause I had grown out of them. And they weren't really doing anything. So sadly I was one of those fans who when Jim Henson died I forgot about them.

Avilos

Reaction score
I have wondered if Letters From Santa being on NBC was because it was completing an older deal for two Muppet films on NBC. Which started with A Very Muppet Christmas. Which would predate the Disney sale. This is just speculation but it would make sense.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No, they're talking about the Henson Company's new show developments.