Potential New Muppet Show

Kermoot

Reaction score
I think the best way to re do the show is slowly and do something like Robin Hood or Alice in Wonderland on the show they should do a story and ease back into prime time.:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't want to derail this thread too much, but the fact that AFV is still on the air boggles my mind. 23 years! And it's the same things every show! When will it get old?
Not only that, but the truth of the matter is, Youtube kinda made that show completely obsolete. The internet is full of people falling off of things and cute animals and babies. Why watch a show that only adds annoying narration to that low brow stuff? By all means it should be off the air, but it's incredibly cheap to produce. That's the only answer. Same reason why we still have Survivor.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Not only that, but the truth of the matter is, Youtube kinda made that show completely obsolete. The internet is full of people falling off of things and cute animals and babies. Why watch a show that only adds annoying narration to that low brow stuff? By all means it should be off the air, but it's incredibly cheap to produce. That's the only answer. Same reason why we still have Survivor.
ABC must be really struggling financially if that's the only reason they're keeping AFV on. They have a lot of bargain-basement shows on their network anyway, with their Friday night block of "news".

Plus I know this might be blasphemous to some people on here, but Tom Bergeron (and you can't fault the guy for trying, he's not given a good hand to work with) is not very funny.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Survivor....HAHA! That show is so boring now...does anybody watch it..lol!
Sadly my mom hasn't stopped watching that show since it aired. :/ I for one do not like reality TV at all. I miss the good ole days. I don't even watch many tv shows anymore if the muppets came back oh I would definitely be putting my tv to more of a good use. haha! I mostly just watch DVDs anymore.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
I think they should just either rewire a channel or make a new one and fill it with things like Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, and a few un-Muppet stuff thrown into the mix like Looney Tunes and Smurfs. You know, those old cartoons kids these days don't care about at all?

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Maybe the new Muppet show could be a continuation/reworking of TMS. After all, they did rework TMS into Muppets Tonight for the (formerly) modern era. I can see them reworking TMS as a webcast, but there's got to be a way to mess that up...

zoebell

Reaction score
i would love for it to come back, but i think maybe it should be slightly different. updated somehow for the modern era. not sure how exactly

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well it would kind of have to be updated. The days of when Jim Henson lived are long gone. :/