1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Potential New Muppet Show

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by muppetlover123, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Again because the Muppets are owned by Disney it HAS to be on either abc, abc family or Disney channel as those are the networks they own.
  2. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

It could also be on NBC. Universal (who owns NBC) doesn't own the property, of course, but Letters to Santa aired on NBC.
  3. Pinkflower7783

And I think that was before Disney fully bought the Muppets. And with all the money the muppets is pulling in Disney is no way in heck gonna let any station air the muppet show should it come back. It would have to be on one of their three owned stations.
  4. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Disney fully bought the Muppets in 2004. Letters to Santa was 2008. I'm not sure how it aired on NBC; maybe someone out there has a little more information?

I wonder what a new show would be called...
  5. Pinkflower7783

Umm probably just the muppet show? A very muppet Christmas was 2002 and also aired on NBC but I still feel at the time they were still jumping them around. I'll admit I only recently got back into the muppets about 2 years ago. Before that I wasn't really into them more cause I had grown out of them. And they weren't really doing anything. So sadly I was one of those fans who when Jim Henson died I forgot about them.
  6. Avilos

Avilos Member

I have wondered if Letters From Santa being on NBC was because it was completing an older deal for two Muppet films on NBC. Which started with A Very Muppet Christmas. Which would predate the Disney sale. This is just speculation but it would make sense.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

I hope their gonna make a new Christmas special this year.
  8. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

As reported by Muppet Stuff, it seems like this is actually going to happen!
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  9. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

No, they're talking about the Henson Company's new show developments.
  11. Pinkflower7783

Yes but if you read the article more carefully it says in additon to the success of last years movie a new Muppet series is currently in development in the States. Its two different shows being made. One by the Jim Henson Company in Great Britain and the other one to be made here in the States which would be Kermit and co.
    Plaid Fraggle and Muppetboy09 like this.
  12. Pinkflower7783

They should've made that article a little more clearer because it's obvious people are already getting confused. Lol!
    Lola p and Muppetboy09 like this.
  13. Pinkflower7783

That article is kind of old it was done back in March. The annoucment that was just made today is the first I've heard of it since that article was posted.
  14. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Haha I totally realized that embarrassingly late :p I'm not the savviest.

But still! That is pretty exciting business
  15. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Shockingly, this actually IS being talked about.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/mar/06/the-muppets-tv-return

Muppetboy09 and bandit like this.
  16. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

That's so exciting! It's one of the key points of the Muppets that they have always worked around pop culture and current stars or trends. This is why The Muppets, like the brilliant Jen Saunders show Absolutely Fabulous have such staying power. They move right along with the times.

I hope to see more progress on this soon! Fantastic.
  17. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Interesting! I like seeing that Disney is keeping all their options on the table when it comes to working with the Muppets and their future projects.
  18. Pinkflower7783

Please don't air it on the Disney channel...><
    MuppetLuver2000 and galagr like this.
  19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

By that logic The Muppets' Wizard of Oz should have aired on NBC instead of ABC.

It is interesting, though, that Letters to Santa has not yet aired on any Disney-owned station, but aired two years in a row on NBC and last year aired on The CW.
  20. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

The thing about Disney Channel has me torn. If it does air on Disney Channel, it would give the channel a break from the crud that they air now, but also, it sort of clicks having it be on the Disney Channel and being owned by Disney. :confused: