New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Personally, I'd love to see a more-ensemble type approach to the next movie, sort of like The Muppets Take Manhattan, where while Kermit was the main character and drove the action, lots of Muppets got their own scenes and opportunities to shine. That way characters like Rowlf, Scooter, and the Electric Mayhem can all get opportunities for their own little scenes.

And I completely totally one hundred thousand percent agree with the statement that the Electric Mayhem need a song in the next movie.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
(1) What would you like to see as the plot in the new Muppet "comedy caper" type film?

Maybe one where the muppets play themselves not as a trying to save the theater movie like VMMCM or TM. And dont try and make them modren

(2) What characters would you like to see have the leading roles?

I felt fozzie and piggy and walter had pretty big roles in TM so i think the leads should be Kermit obviously. Maybe fozzie and piggy and gonzo have a little smaller roles making up for gonzos lack of screen in TM and supporting roles can go to rowlf scooter the band and rizzo pepe and walter. And maybe other characters like uncle deadly and bobo.

(3) Do you want a Muppet villain (like in Muppets From Space, Letters to Santa and The Muppets) and if so who, or would you prefer the villain to be just a human role for one or more characters?

i know a villan helps a movie but i kind of dont want a villian lol i know it sounds crazy but its my opinion if i had to pick it would be muppet villians they're more interesting

(4) Whether they were in The Muppets or not, what five minor characters do you hope have a bigger role in the new movie?

Johnny and Sal, Robin, Clifford, Rizzo and Pepe - i did 6 lol :fanatic:

(5) What style of music would you like for the new film? Are there any characters that you hope have a song in the new movie?

Electric mayhem defently needs their own song we have all them recast and sounding almost spot on they need their own song. And i say we give a variety of characters a spot to shine with a new song like maybe give characters like Scooter :wink: Walter :fanatic: Rowlf :sympathy: Bunsen and Beaker:confused::eek: their own solo song but have them sing it together. You get what im saying?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why aren't they using "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" script?
The more I think about "Cheapest Muppet Movie" the more I realize why Jim and the rest didn't do it. It's too high concept, and it could either play off as fun weird or unsettling weird. It seems more fit for a Monty Python movie, I think it could work for the Muppets, but more casual fans would be completely confused by the film, and that would chase them back into watching the DVD's over and over again. It's a very risky gamble to have such a high concept based movie. It could either be a huge payoff or a huge bust. It's best that, even with the moderate success of the last movie, they air on the side of caution. Cheapest may work as a third movie... it's just not ready yet.

And I completely totally one hundred thousand percent agree with the statement that the Electric Mayhem need a song in the next movie.
Hopefully we get a plotline that actually can fit a full Electric Mayhem song. Partial songs in the last movie were the biggest thing they've done since MTM... but we need a full EM number in the next one.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems more fit for a Monty Python movie, I think it could work for the Muppets, but more casual fans would be completely confused by the film, and that would chase them back into watching the DVD's over and over again.
I don't see what's wrong with chasing back to watching the older DVDs over and over again. How many of us here haven't rewatched the older Muppet DVDs after seeing the recent movie?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
(1) What would you like to see as the plot in the new Muppet "comedy caper" type film?

I'd like to see a plotline that involves the Muppet theater. Perhaps the Muppets could get a big celebrity who turns out to be the villian in some way, using his celebrity status to manipulate the world or Muppets (I can think of a number of possibilities involving a bad/evil celebrity).

(2) What characters would you like to see have the leading roles?

Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, Scooter, Bunsen and Beaker, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, with heavy supporting use of Rizzo, Pepe, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork, and Lew Zealand.

By "hevay supporting use", as an example from previous movies, I consider the "leading roles" from The Muppets Take Manhattan to be Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, Rowlf, Scooter, Camilla, and the Electric Mayhem, while I consider Rizzo's big role to be "heavy supporting use". Though even then you could say that anyone who wasn't Kermit or Piggy had "heavy supporting use" for act 2 of the film. Another example would be Muppets from Space... Kermit, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Piggy, Fozzie and Animal were the leads, but Bunsen, Beaker, Bobo, and to a lesser extent Clifford were also heavily used.

Actually, though I doubt it will happen with this movie, I'd like to see a Muppet movie that stars someone other than Kermit or Gonzo, like all those Winnie the Pooh movies starring supporting characters. Though such a plot would need to be better than Muppets from Space and Kermit's Swamp Years.

(3) Do you want a Muppet villain (like in Muppets From Space, Letters to Santa and The Muppets) and if so who, or would you prefer the villain to be just a human role for one or more characters?

If the movie is going to have new Muppet characters, then yes, I want some Muppet characters working for the villian. Though it would be cool to see some older monster characters working for the villian (I'm thinking Doglion, Behemoth, and a few Frackles).

(4) Whether they were in The Muppets or not, what five minor characters do you hope have a bigger role in the new movie?

Not counting characters I said would be good as villians, I'd like to see Digit, Lips, Pops, Droop, and Louis Kazagger given something to do. I noticed that the few who have responded to this so far mentioned characters like Johnny Fiama and Sal, but those characters aren't really minor characters (even if they've hardly been used for decades), though by that logic I might need to list somebody other than Digit since he was a main character on The Jim Henson Hour.

(5) What style of music would you like for the new film? Are there any characters that you hope have a song in the new movie?

I really just want to see all original songs, maybe one or two Muppet-performed covers. The Electric Mayhem needs a song, and Rowlf needs a song (I can't believe Rowlf has only had ONE song of his own in any movie, and that's shared with Kermit). I don't really want any established recordings in the soundtrack, except for maybe the end credits.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
This is great! :smile: :big_grin: :smile: I hope this goes ahead without any problems. I think a early to mid 2014 release would be best.

I myself love the sound of a comedy caper. I don't think they'll just copy GMC.

The main thing I want to be different from the last movie is that I want more Muppets and less humans! And a lot more Muppets singing song.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*facepalm*

ca·per
verb (used without object)
1.to leap or skip about in a sprightly manner; prance; frisk; gambol.
noun
2.a playful leap or skip.
3.a prank or trick; harebrained escapade.
4.a frivolous, carefree episode or activity.
5.Slang . a criminal or illegal act, as a burglary or robbery.
Yay for dictionaries! I'm pretty sure the term caper here is being used as the giant bolded definition. Why people keep worrying about it being a "sequel" of sorts to GMC baffles me

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'd like to see a plotline that involves the Muppet theater. Perhaps the Muppets could get a big celebrity who turns out to be the villian in some way, using his celebrity status to manipulate the world or Muppets (I can think of a number of possibilities involving a bad/evil celebrity).
No offense, but the next movie needs to be out of the theater. GMC was so different from TMM and that's what the next one needs to do; not be set in some continuity and just be its own thing. And the evil celebrity has been done already (Glenda Jackson, Heather Locklear) and it worked for a half-hour show; probably not for a full movie.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I say we just take everything with a grain of salt and just wait and see. I'm hoping though if the musical score is as good as it was in this movie that they put it on the soundtrack. I was really disappointed they didn't put the score into this soundtrack. James is a muppet fan himself so I'm sure he has some understanding of what the "muppet spirit" is. For all we know they just scrapped another storyline and are working on another one who knows only time will tell. But I'm gonna put my worries aside and just enjoy that a script is in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.