Muppet Convention Thread #2: Where Should it be Held?

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Well I would but I don't think many people post in that thread do they? I don't see why we can't put it in the "Classic Muppets" thread. Well they can move it as they see fit but that's where it's gonna go for the time being. By the way I don't mean that as blunt as it sounds just I think more people would see it here before the "Henson" thread.
If people go to the "What's New?" page like I do, they'll see it. You can post it wherever you want but most likely, the moderators will move it to the "Henson People" thread.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
If people go to the "What's New?" page like I do, they'll see it. You can post it wherever you want but most likely, the moderators will move it to the "Henson People" thread.
That's fine as I said they can move it as they see fit. I just thought most people would see it in a "Muppets Thread" since the last post made in the Henson thread was Sunday. But thanks for the advice I appericate it. :smile:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I was just thinking it's ashame were in different parts of the country/world. Because then we could get together and work as a team writing the letter. I also appericate you stepping up to the plate as they say. But I'll also help in anyway I can!
I agree...it is funny sitting here and brianstorrming ideas and really not seeing eachother face to face...the irony is I've been really excited talking about this but not even sure of the practicallity of attending a convention in Mississippi should it happen...but i think the location should be what is best for the idea not for me personally. The trick is we have to stay on top of this and not let this little idea fade out. BTW...should we start a new thread or take conversation back to the old thread....either way she probably see if we can get the ones were not using locked so we can keep planning/conversation in one place

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah well depending on if we can get permission to have it there. I'm pretty good on the creative side so I can definitely help in that field if needed. I'm gonna try and ask someone I know outside the forum to help write a letter as well. I figure get as much input as possible.

I'm okay with just keeping the conversation here...she can lock the ones as she sees fit.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I'm gonna try and ask someone I know outside the forum to help write a letter as well. I figure get as much input as possible.

I'm okay with just keeping the conversation here...she can lock the ones as she sees fit.
This is true...we need input from wherever we can get it

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't here for a while guys...
Did anyone send emails or letters to Sesame Workshop, Henson or Disney? I'll send one to S.W. if you'd like. I'll also try to work on Henson. I suggest everyone else do the same, I think if they get a few requests for it, it may increase our chances.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Did anyone send emails or letters to Sesame Workshop, Henson or Disney? I'll send one to S.W. if you'd like. I'll also try to work on Henson. I suggest everyone else do the same, I think if they get a few requests for it, it may increase our chances.
That's a good idea...I'll work on getting letters written to Disney and Henson as well. That's actually not a bad idea the more letters people write the more we might get this off the ground.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Go for it...though I think we should wait to see what the city if Greenville says first (Just my opinion though)...though I suppose it wouldn't hurt to send letters to any of these groups to see what their thoughts on this convention idea would be without really making a formal request. I also think we should write letters rather than e-mails at first as letter are usually taken a little more seriously as a little more thought and time goes into sending one..any other thoughts on this.... wow I'm rambling on a lot lately.. I hope I'm not coming off as too pushy.... I just think we really are pushing this and I want to see it happen...I'm maybe over anallyzing a bit sorry

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well if we don't push then we might get anywhere...I mean I think we sorta need to be aggressive as well. We don't want people thinking it's some kind of joke you know? But yeah maybe we should find a place that's gonna let us hold it first and then go from there? I don't know how to go about doing this at all so whatever you guys decide I'm fine with.