Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
I would assume that the original series had a syndication package, I think there's more than the required 65 episodes, but I barely recall seeing reruns. I think I saw some on USA, but otherwise I mainly remember watching the show in it's first-run syndicated form and on CBS. But I especially don't remember seeing the series on TV after the show ended in 1996 (I was surprised to see they were still making new episodes at that point; interesting how the original series ended a year before The Next Mutations began). I would have thought Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network would have rerun the show (I think I read something about Nickelodeon purchasing the rights, so maybe it will reair on Nick).
I can't remember how many seasons were syndicated. I looked it up, and there's supposedly 78 episodes... 5 from season 1, 12 from season 2, 47 from season 3 (bringing the total to 65) and 13 more from season 4. All the rest were CBS Saturday morning episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I can't remember how many seasons were syndicated. I looked it up, and there's supposedly 78 episodes... 5 from season 1, 12 from season 2, 47 from season 3 (bringing the total to 65) and 13 more from season 4. All the rest were CBS Saturday morning episodes.
I knew what seasons were produced for first-run syndication. I was referring to the rerun syndication package (sounds complicated referring to a rerun syndication package when the show originally was syndicated). It would be sad if the CBS episodes were never included (unless they added a second syndication package).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While playing most of Turtles in Time the other night, I've found that the game is somewhat easier for me than it had been a few months ago. With the exception of the first battle with Krang and the Shredder battle, all of the bosses seem to be equally difficult (it's also a bit difficult to battle Tokka and Razar alone, but that's because it's two bosses). I realised that when playing it on the PS2 you can add more lives by pressing the circle button (I knew there was a way but didn't know exactly what I did to add lives). But when I got to the final battle I decided not to hit the button, to see if I could beat Shredder honestly. And I couldn't, and just ended the game when I lost lives then. But the first battle with Krang sure does take a long time (why couldn't Krang be the main villian instead of Shredder so he could be the final boss more often? Makes me wonder if the concept of Super Shredder in the second movie was done so he could be more challenging than Krang's android body).

I don't think I've talked much about the game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare. The game's okay. I really only purchased it for the unlockable Turtles in Time, which I had to complete 16 levels to unlock. And it sure was hard but worth the wait and challenge. Quite a few levels were hard to navigate, there's some shooting levels which seem a little hard, and there's at least two bosses before the better game can be unlocked. And man are those bosses hard to defeat. With the exception of the first few levels, because after getting to the second level I kinda slacked off for a few years (and didn't think to search YouTube for runthroughs) but then it usually took me up to 3 days to complete a level. After unlocking Turtles in Time I have played Mutant Nightmare a little further, getting to a few levels, but I haven't played any further for a few weeks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It looks like other than the three episodes they completely missed for some reason, The last of the old series has a release date. Great for closure and completests... but I'm going to avoid it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
ARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!

Talk about extortion! They put the 2 missing episodes (Planet of the Turtleoids and Once Upon a Time Machine) as the bonus features for the show's worst season.

At least we got them... :sigh:

Drtooth

Reaction score
DOUBLE ARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

The crummy live action show is coming to DVD.

Seriously. Nickelodeon BETTER the heck come up with plans to release the 2k3 series in volume sets and finish the job that Funimation and 4Kids started before they clearly went into feud mode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I downloaded Krangenstein Lives on iTunes, and it was a great episode. It's interesting to see Krang's body move on it's own and even get a voice, and there's a funny subplot where Shredder gets amnesia, but he is still evil. Great episode.

Speaking of which, only three seasons are available for download on iTunes, seasons 1, 6, and 7. I wonder why the other seasons are missing.

With the last season and the live-action series getting a DVD release, I wonder if there'll be anything left for when that supposedly terrible Michael Bay movie comes out (well, there are all those live-action videos that I hear are worse than TMNT III and The Next Mutation). Then again I thought I heard some gossip that that movie has been canceled (not from any reliable sources, though).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!

Talk about extortion! They put the 2 missing episodes (Planet of the Turtleoids and Once Upon a Time Machine) as the bonus features for the show's worst season.

At least we got them... :sigh:
At least they didn't just rerelease the season they're from with the missing episode, which would require fans to repurchase that season if they already had it. And at least they didn't just release a "complete series" set with those episodes on it, without the option of buying them seperately (if they do come out with a "complete series" boxed set after this, I would hope they'd include those episodes in the right order).

Drtooth

Reaction score
With the last season and the live-action series getting a DVD release, I wonder if there'll be anything left for when that supposedly terrible Michael Bay movie comes out (well, there are all those live-action videos that I hear are worse than TMNT III and The Next Mutation). Then again I thought I heard some gossip that that movie has been canceled (not from any reliable sources, though).
I posted that on another thread...

Production of the Bay TMNT movie has abruptly stopped. The future of the TMNT film franchise is anyone's guess.

But Nick STILL has the rights to the entire TMNT 2k3 series, and can stand to release those in season sets, like Funimation started doing before they had that fall out with 4Kids. Nick has a TERRIBLE batting average with DVD box sets, though. I'm sure Shout would help them release those if they were going to.

There are clearly going to be 2 volumes at least of Next Mutation... I hope they bury those terrible music videos like Lucas did with the Star Wars Holiday special. But I want to see TMNT 2k3 in it's entirety on DVD in sets.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Alright, so, I never officially watched Next Mutation until last week and man...it sucks...I absolutely positively hate Venus! She was Bella Swan before there was Bella Swan, what with her one emotion and constant need to repeat: 'It's shinobi time!'

Shinobi is just another word for ninja -_- I really hope Peter Laird's hatred of Venus prevents her from ever showing up ever again!!!!!

In better news however, I love what will be the 2k12 theme mainly because they out-right state that Leonardo who happens to be my favorite turtle, is the leader in blue ^^) and I have a pretty high quality MP3 of it, so, if anyone would like it, just PM me :smile:

Also, the 2k12 figures are very nice (the turtles anyway), I got the turtles all yesterday. I haven't gotten the chance to see the April figure yet and am curious about the height difference between her and the turtles, April and Casey's height difference in the 2k3 figures was what made me not get them, they were GIGANTIC compared to the turtles, and while I get Casey is significantly taller than they are, April wasn't. I haven't seen any figures of the bad guys up close and personal, but, I saw the Master Splinter figure and opted not to buy him because of the paint job, it could have been a lot better.