Electric Mayhem replicas at Walt Disney Hollywood Studios, Florida

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, looking at these makes me think that a line of "mini posers" would be fantastic! They could make more of them at a reduced cost and bring them to market at a reasonable price point. Sure, they wouldn't be Master Replicas, but they would make good sound financial sense and they could always transition into making a few full-scale versions of the more popular sellers. It's what I would do. I mean, what fans wouldn't want moderately accurate Electric Mayhem posable dolls at a 9" scale? Just my thoughts.
I still think it was a blown opportunity not to expand their plush toy line when the movie hit DVD. Not even by one character? Come on. You made plush of unnamed giraffe and zebra background characters for Lion King. I'm sure a Dr. Teeth would have sold solidly.

Mini-posers or just even a really good plush design. That sounds like a solid plan. It's strange that we only got that one mini-plush set of the Electric Mayhem, as well as a larger Janice and a second small Janice in the Vet's Hospital line and we've never seen any other member but Animal before or since. Pepe and Rizzo sold like Gangbusters, considering.... the Electric Mayhem has always been a cult hit. I'm glad they're just starting to bring them into merchandising, but they need a plush toy presence at some point.

WillyThePig

Reaction score
You know, looking at these makes me think that a line of "mini posers" would be fantastic! They could make more of them at a reduced cost and bring them to market at a reasonable price point. Sure, they wouldn't be Master Replicas, but they would make good sound financial sense and they could always transition into making a few full-scale versions of the more popular sellers. It's what I would do. I mean, what fans wouldn't want moderately accurate Electric Mayhem posable dolls at a 9" scale? Just my thoughts.
EXACTLY...Why has nobody thought of that yet?????

DannyRWW

Reaction score
You kidding...I'd love to set that up in my classroom. I could be teaching and having the electric mayhem jamming in the corner...maybe put some speakers over by them.....

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Why is it so much to ask for a new set of EM plushes that look decent? I want my Floyd plushie! :boo:
We know that Miss Piggy is a harder sell when pegged with the other characters, but the diva sells like crazy when released as a singular, signature design. I think the same could hold true for the Electric Mayhem. I think a box set of 9" Sideshow pose-able dolls could easily sell. The question is, would fans pay over $100 bucks for it. Things like that cost what they cost. I'm all for a discount plushie too, but Floyd and the gang won't likely hit the commercial market until Fozzie Bear can sell-through quicker. We're not at that point yet. That could change with next year's film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why is it so much to ask for a new set of EM plushes that look decent? I want my Floyd plushie! :boo:
I'm seeing a greater and greater Electric Mayhem merchandising presence. While I think it might be a while down the road, we are getting Dr. Teeth as part of 2 of Funko's bobblehead lines (the regular and stylized versions). That may just be a big revelation. But I don't think we're going to see too much more of an addition to their existing plush line. They can't even manage to get Kermit in most store shelves.

We know that Miss Piggy is a harder sell when pegged with the other characters, but the diva sells like crazy when released as a singular, signature design. I think the same could hold true for the Electric Mayhem. I think a box set of 9" Sideshow pose-able dolls could easily sell. The question is, would fans pay over $100 bucks for it. Things like that cost what they cost. I'm all for a discount plushie too, but Floyd and the gang won't likely hit the commercial market until Fozzie Bear can sell-through quicker. We're not at that point yet. That could change with next year's film.
It's strange that I always see Fozzies being the only thing left on the shelves at Disney when Pepe managed to sell so quickly and then be scalped for 100 bucks online. I'm sure they use the main characters to gauge the success of minor characters, but it seems more people like those lesser knowns than the main 5. Beaker and Animal both transcended cult status to mainstream. I think even people who hate the Muppets love Beaker.

Still, they need a better Fozzie than the one on the shelves, if that's the case. It's probably an issue of quality as well. Most of Disney's plush line up was excellent. I've seen one of the best Piggy plush there has ever been (the competition is dreadful), Pepe was pretty much dead on... Fozzie's Nose and Eye placement were completely off. And some looked mad.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
My favorite Fozzie plush is the one by Sababba. I thinks that's how you spell it. :confused: I really like all the Disney plushes except for Fozzie and Gonzo. Something about the eyes... :eek:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm seeing a greater and greater Electric Mayhem merchandising presence. While I think it might be a while down the road, we are getting Dr. Teeth as part of 2 of Funko's bobblehead lines (the regular and stylized versions). That may just be a big revelation. But I don't think we're going to see too much more of an addition to their existing plush line. They can't even manage to get Kermit in most store shelves.

It's strange that I always see Fozzies being the only thing left on the shelves at Disney when Pepe managed to sell so quickly and then be scalped for 100 bucks online. I'm sure they use the main characters to gauge the success of minor characters, but it seems more people like those lesser knowns than the main 5. Beaker and Animal both transcended cult status to mainstream. I think even people who hate the Muppets love Beaker.

Still, they need a better Fozzie than the one on the shelves, if that's the case. It's probably an issue of quality as well. Most of Disney's plush line up was excellent. I've seen one of the best Piggy plush there has ever been (the competition is dreadful), Pepe was pretty much dead on... Fozzie's Nose and Eye placement were completely off. And some looked mad.
I'm kind of bewildered by the fact that the Kermit plush design was perfected in the 70's and for some reason they can't replicate that now. Fozzie was perfected in the 90's with the Eden toys version. Gonzo and Animal have never received the best treatment, yet there have been a few solid efforts. Miss Piggy will never really look right without some sort of molded face. It would be easy for them to create a plastic doll head and then cover it with flocking like Igel did for Statler and Waldorf. It's funny that Pepe, Nanco carny version aside, was pitch perfect in his Disney plush debut.

Back to the Mayhem. If these were single-packed, Animal should comprise nearly half the units. It would also help sell such a set to retail markets. Dr Teeth would follow next in popularity. If we've learned anything from the figures, recent posters and other product sales, this is followed by Zoot, Floyd then Janice. This is how i'd pack a case of 24 Mayhem dolls for retail:

Animal = 10
Dr. Teeth = 5
Zoot = 3
Floyd - 3
Janice = 3

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i actually own a janice plush from applause..i have with my Disney set...also only mayhem plush i think they made was that 4 pack