TV Alert: Grover and Telly on Fox and Friends May 31

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I like the fact that the "Muppet Show theme" doesn't even register to them that they basically screwed up!!! Geez! Jim Henson is probably rolling over in his grave right now. :jim:

Hayley B

Reaction score
My comment towards the Sesame Street Workshop in helping out in entertaining military families children. I think is very nice. They sure could use alot of love at this point.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah that is really nice. I applaude them bunches for that. Fox News I just wanna throw tomatos at though. Lol!

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Oh, what did I expect by coming to this thread? Yeah, of course people posting about how horrible and inaccurate Fox News is. LOL Of course, I saw this one coming. but seriously, we can't just enjoy a Sesame appearance? Whether or not you agree with Fox or not?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well maybe we'd be complaning less if they had just played the right music. That's like playing Elmo's song when Kermit is a guest. There's no reason they couldn't have done their homework before going on air.

But I'm not gonna say anything more...because any other words I might use would get me banned.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well maybe we'd be complaning less if they had just played the right music. That's like playing Elmo's song when Kermit is a guest. There's no reason they couldn't have done their homework before going on air.
Political affiliations or not, this proves how slap dash their programming is. We'd complain the same if MSNBC called Animal "Elmo."

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Okay I will say it could've been any news station that could've done the same thing but...still...at least call the right character by their right name. I mean how do you get Telly and Grover mixed up??? I don't know...there was just a lot of "shaking my head" and I did catch the clips of it online.

HOWEVER like I said I can't say enough of what Sesame Street Workshop is doing for military families I think it's a wonderful thing and I applaude them highly for it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh trust me if it was NBC, or CNN that messed up the music I would've still been upset and complained. I was just saying in general Fox should've done their homework more. But I would've said that same thing had they been on another network and the same thing happened.
It's just complete laziness, and unforgivable on any behalf. It's barely a website click away. We're not talking about news facts, we're talking about a 40 something year old edutainment juggernaut that everyone all over the world knows by now. I mean, when people over the age of 40 try to talk about a cartoon series their kid likes that they don't watch and only buy merchandising for... that's annoying but understandable. I can't tell you how many times I held back cringing hearing relatives talk about "Rench and Skimpy." But to mix Sesame Street up with the Muppets? That's an offense that Muppet fandom hates. That's like calling American Graffiti a Star Wars movie because George Lucas did both.

Sesame Street =Muppets, but Muppets do not = Sesame Street.

On the other hand, we should be thankful Disney still lets SW call them Muppets. Henson can't refer to Fraggles as Muppets anymore.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Not only does this not surprise me but i was already expecting it. Back when Faux News were attacking "The Muppets", they kept mixing up the Classic Muppets with the Sesame Muppets back then, so i was sure they'd do the same today.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
God Bless you Dr. Tooth is all have to say on that statement. And that's exactly what I mean it's not like this is a new program just airing on TV that they don't know about or havent caught on yet! This is Sesame Street for petes sake! And it is an offense to hardcore Muppet fans like ourselves. I was just more then anything really disappointed. The apperance of Grover and Telly themselves was fine it was what was being playing in the background that just had me shaking my head the whole time.