Annoying Characters

Hubert

Reaction score
I have to pull in here and say, why Bean? Now, I haven't seen an absolute ton of Bean, but every time I've seen him I really sympathize with him. He's always the one under appreciated that its getting hit by a door or something. And he really isn't conceited. The other Muppets have praised Bean for his cuteness, he's not just running around saying "Hey look, I'm cute."Here you go:

Muppet Wiki said:
In 1989, Bean joined the cast of The Jim Henson Hour, appearing in both the control room and "televised" portions of the MuppeTelevision segments. Although his fellow Muppets often found him to be insufferably cute, the MuppeTelevision ratings were never higher than when the station featured sex, violence and/or Bean Bunny. Whenever Bean was yelled at, particularly by Kermit, he became very scared and whimpered, mostly due to his youth and his sensitivity to noise, a common trait he shares with real bunny rabbits.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I always thought of Andy and Randy Pig as the "Jar Jar Binks" of The Muppets.
Oh, absolutely. Dumb guy jokes can only be funny after so long. Even Bebop and Rocksteady got insufferable after a while (why couldn't they keep them like they were in the first 5 episodes?)

Andy and Randy are part of the reason why MT had problems. ALL the new pigs on that series were flat 1 dimensional and 1 note jokes. Especially the Bay or Pigs Watch characters.

I did like Andy and Randy in the John Goodman episode where they actually did something. But other than that, I'm glad they haven't been used much since the show ended... other than a Muppet Comic and that one Cat Cora.

mo

Reaction score
animal! I've said this before! I actually like him more considering he was in the original show...

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Scooter, but in the first couple episodes of the muppet show, I found him a little annoying. He was always getting away with things just because his uncle owned the theater. Luckily, he grew out of that after the first season, and became one of the most loveable characters. :wink:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Robin
JUST KIDDING!!!! I LOVE ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (you calm now, Vincent Liu? :wink: )
ELMO gets on my nerves!!!!! Thankfully my nephew & nieces aren't into SS (anymore. Well the jury is still out on the baby since she's not quite a year yet.But her parents put on Disney programs for her.)

beakerboy12

Reaction score
animal! I've said this before! I actually like him more considering he was in the original show...
I love Animal in everything he does, every production. But what's annoying about him to me.... he's everywhere. Disney and JHC (when they owned him and the Muppets) have been pushing Animal merchandise out the Yin-Yang. He's on over 80% of Muppet t-shirts, probably more than Kermit and he's seen in every plush set. Just because he's the most popular among casual fans, he's in everything. In my opinion, that's probably the most annoying thing about the Muppets.

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
With all respect to Frank Oz and Eric Jacobson (they're both fantastic performers), I think for me it's Piggy's voice that tends to grate on me after a while. She gets annoying after hearing her voice for too long.

Hubert

Reaction score
Robin
JUST KIDDING!!!! I LOVE ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (you calm now, Vincent Liu? :wink: )
ELMO gets on my nerves!!!!! Thankfully my nephew & nieces aren't into SS (anymore. Well the jury is still out on the baby since she's not quite a year yet.But her parents put on Disney programs for her.)
Yes. Yes. Elmo is annoying. I definitely agree. (I'm one of those people who don't like Elmo...)

I love Animal in everything he does, every production. But what's annoying about him to me.... he's everywhere. Disney and JHC (when they owned him and the Muppets) have been pushing Animal merchandise out the Yin-Yang. He's on over 80% of Muppet t-shirts, probably more than Kermit and he's seen in every plush set. Just because he's the most popular among casual fans, he's in everything. In my opinion, that's probably the most annoying thing about the Muppets.
I agree again. I like Animal, but the problem is that he's been put up there with the main gang. I feel bad for the rest of the EM. Just him being the most popular among casual fans is annoying to me. Everyone I know who is just a casual fan, their favorite Muppet is Animal. I don't mind if you happen to be an Animal fan, but some people only like him because he is wild and shouts a lot. That tells me that a lot of casual fans have no Muppety taste, that they'll always take a loud, wild character over a character that is the most lovable and funny at the end of the day. I'm not saying Animal isn't those things though. Really, I think when 90% of casual fans choose Animal as their favorite, I think that there's something going on there, like people not knowing the Muppets well and only choosing the one they remember the most. I can understand if Kermit or Piggy or Fozzie or Gonzo would be the ones a lot of people like, but Animal?

galagr

Reaction score
Yes. Yes. Elmo is annoying. I definitely agree. (I'm one of those people who don't like Elmo...)

I agree again. I like Animal, but the problem is that he's been put up there with the main gang. I feel bad for the rest of the EM. Just him being the most popular among casual fans is annoying to me. Everyone I know who is just a casual fan, their favorite Muppet is Animal. I don't mind if you happen to be an Animal fan, but some people only like him because he is wild and shouts a lot. That tells me that a lot of casual fans have no Muppety taste, that they'll always take a loud, wild character over a character that is the most lovable and funny at the end of the day. I'm not saying Animal isn't those things though. Really, I think when 90% of casual fans choose Animal as their favorite, I think that there's something going on there, like people not knowing the Muppets well and only choosing the one they remember the most. I can understand if Kermit or Piggy or Fozzie or Gonzo would be the ones a lot of people like, but Animal?
I've always wondered; Of all the characters to become major, why Animal? I always thought that Rowlf and Scooter deserved to become the ranks of a major character. Sure they have SOME merchandise and are semi-major characters, but I would always take a funny, piano playing dog and a quirky backstage assistant manager over a maniacal drum player. Not to mention I'd REALLY like to see a Scooter shirt. Hooray for semi major characters! :wink::sympathy::big_grin::sing::flirt::cool:

bandit

Reaction score
Robin
I am NOT a fan of Elmo...OR Telly. @_@ Both of them just grind on my nerves. In Fraggle Rock, I cannot stand the Gorgs either.
Also, I rewatched the Dark Crystal last night and Chamberlain was seriously getting on my nerves with his whimpering. x.x;