1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Annoying Characters

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by miss kermie, May 29, 2012.

1. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Perhaps that could be called a Late Bloomer or something. Sometimes it just takes people a little longer to get it. By the way, the final season episode The Gorg Who Would Be King definitely proves that Junior gets it more than his father ever did, it's really good.
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  2. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

I personally don't really like Traveling Matt that much, but yet I sometimes find him funny. Very weird.
    bandit likes this.
  3. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

NO! I'm totally with you. I fast forward most of his bits but every once in a while, something will strike me kind of funny...like his total misinterpretation of bubblegum.
  4. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

One of his moments that I like is when he gets messed up about holes, and thinks that they are very dangerous.
    bandit and Borples like this.
  5. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! The fishing net postcard. I remember that. He'd probably be a heck of a lot more likeable if he didn't strut around with that undeserved sense of accomplishment.
    Borples likes this.
  6. Borples

Borples Active Member

Oh, man, Uncle Matt. Like I said before, by the time I finished the whole series I'd come to love all the characters. But Matt is one of my least favorite Fraggles, as far as that goes. I feel so guilty about it, because Dave Goelz has cited him as one of his favorite characters to play. I feel like I should appreciate him more.
  7. Borples

Borples Active Member

Wellllll...not totally undeserved. Granted, he's not nearly as smart, resourceful or brave as he thinks he is. But he IS the only Fraggle with the guts to explore Outer Space. That has to count for something. Still, though. Arrogance is annoying.
    bandit likes this.
  8. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Dave Goelz is a downright GENIUS and there is so much that we can appreciate his talent in that I don't feel the least bit guilty in saying that Matt's a pain in the---

I don't like him! I don't like him or Junior or Mudwell....Ugh!
    I know this is some major Fraggle blasphemy but....So what?! That's the truth.

Then again, maybe Dave LIKES playing annoying characters. Its something like playing a villain. Maybe portraying a personality that gets under people's skin like chiggers in the summertime is what he enjoys and gets out of it. :confused: Who can say?
    miss kermie likes this.
  9. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

It's not -guts- exactly. You know what they say, P....IGNORANCE is bliss. If he knew half the things he was facing out there, he might be more concerned. I tend to think he is so proud of himself that he thinks he can overcome nearly anything....
    Well....except maybe lawn gnomes and white paint. *GASP* Oh no! Not that.
    Borples likes this.
  10. Borples

Borples Active Member

Ooooooh...you just said you don't like Mudwell. Here, have a shield to hide behind when people start throwing tomatoes. ;)

Well, Dave liked getting on Gobo's nerves anyway. I think I remember him saying that his favorite thing about playing Matt was when he came back to the Rock and wound up embarassing the heck out of his nephew.
  11. Borples

Borples Active Member

Oh, oh, I just thought of another Fraggle who bugs me. I was thinking about Mudwell, and that I never thought about whether I liked him or not because it didn't matter. The point was that Wembley liked him right? And then I though, well, Wembley generally likes everybody, 'cause he's just a sweet guy. And then I thought about Lou. Does anyone else think that Lou is just as bad as Wembley's friends in her episode? I mean, she doesn't even ask, she just goes and tells Wembley what he does and doesn't want to do. How does SHE know he doesn't want to have socks hanging on his nose? Maybe he just has weird hobbies. Am I right?
    bandit likes this.
  12. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

*holds up her powershield* I'm ready! BRING IT!!!!

See, from a performer's point of view I can see where that can be fun. I like to tease my friends too and that can involve obnoxious voices or songs so....yeah! I get that. But from a spectator's point of view, bleeeeh.

I don't know what it is about Mudwell but he just was kind of terrible. *lol* Begoonie was terrible but he was supposed to be. Don't get me wrong. The episode with Mudwell was actually really good. I thought the harsh reality and concept of accepting someone's passing was handled so cleverly. It was touching and sad and sweet and all of the things it should have been. A little hopeful too.
    But it doesn't change the fact that Mudwell himself got on my nerves a little. Not as much as Matt or Jr, but a little.
    Or maybe it's that I saw the episode 3 days ago and I STILL can't stop myself from breaking into o/~ Feel the water flowing....feel it coming feel it going...
    Borples likes this.
  13. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

That is SUCH a good point. Lou may have had Wembly's best interest in mind....but she was a little pushy too. Though I think she -did- ask him if he wanted to be a clothes line. Either way, she was just so sassy. o.o And then she disappeared and relegated herself to the background. I love how Fraggles turn up for an episode and then they wander aimlessly in the scenes in the background. I noticed Rock Hockey Hanna in several. The girl never left! *lol*

Lou had a funny voice herself.
  14. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I dislike Anniie Sue and Miss Mousey! Seriously!!!
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  15. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

I keep hearing about this Miss Mousie. o.o Who is she?
  16. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

She was in a season two episode of The Muppet Show (I think Bernadette Peters ?) and set up as a sort of "rival" to Miss Piggy. Piggy got jealous when Kermit sang a number with her and forced Statler and Waldorf to boo her. She became a background person after that.
  17. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Ohhhh! When I get my computer back.....and -if- all of my files are intact, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for that! ^_^
  18. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Why?
  19. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

E-trade baby! I really don't like him. ~_~​
    I don't know if it has to be Henson related but my dislike of this kid transgresses through all genre.​
  20. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

You dislike the E-Trade Baby?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!?!?!?!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... Okay, he's not for everyone. I digress.