Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

Hubert

Reaction score
Interesting you can't recall these, considering that by the time your able to play t-ball or be "oh-so-in-love" with someone, usually you'd remember those things...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's a number of times when people claimed I said or did something I'm pretty sure I didn't do, especially right after they happened. Like one time, I did something I wasn't supposed to do. When my mom picked me up from the babysitter, I kept close watch to make sure my babysitter didn't tell my mom, thinking she wouldn't if I was in the room. She did tell my mom, and right after that, I made a fist at her, pushing all my fingers down until forming a fist shape. My mom got on me, mentioning that I gave her the middle finger, which I didn't recall doing and said I didn't do. The next day my babysitter asked why I lied about giving the middle finger, which I thought I didn't (she said that I pushed my fingers on different sides one at a time, which would end with my middle finger being pushed down after the others, but I was pretty sure I didn't do it that way).

A similar occasion I said something and my mom quickly asked what I said, thinking I had cussed. One of my cousins quickly told my mom what I thought I had said, but later he was talking about it, saying that I did say the cuss word that my mom thought I said and I was sure I didn't.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Which is why I can't help but think my parents exaggerate certain things just to make a bigger deal out of them than they really are (believe me, my mother's notorious for doing that). I remember being fond of my first grade teacher, THAT much I do remember, she was a great and fun teacher who made that year enjoyable, but I certainly don't remember being so "in love" with her to the point that I was actually jealous of her fiancee. Elmo, last year when she returned to town for her mother's funeral (after that year, she and her husband relocated to California), my mother brought all of that up, and I stepped in and said that I had no recollection of any of that.

And I certainly don't remember trying out for t-ball, let alone chasing butterflies, and I have a pretty good memory... I can actually remember being inside my mom's womb! From birth to about three years old is a little spotty and fuzzy, but just about most from three years till now I remember pretty well.

Hubert

Reaction score
And those are the kind of things when no one ever knows what happened. Often times I tell my mom of things I was sure she told me when I was little that I later found not to be true, (not that she was lying, just trying to answer a curious child), and she isn't convinced that she actually did. Times you wish you had a video camera that recorded your every move...

EDIT: Ziffeled...

Hubert

Reaction score
And I certainly don't remember trying out for t-ball, let alone chasing butterflies, and I have a pretty good memory... I can actually remember being inside my mom's womb! From birth to about three years old is a little spotty and fuzzy, but just about most from three years till now I remember pretty well.
You actually remember being inside your mom's womb? I didn't even know that that was really possible...I wonder how many other people are like that...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I didn't know of the concept of digestion, so I thought eventually, there'd be so much chewed up food inside you that it filled up all the way to the back of your throat, and when that happened, you couldn't eat anymore.