None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Suppose to be 100+ here for 3 solid days. And we just broke the record of 102 set back in 1945 today, by reaching 103. Crazy thing is, they're predicting it won't fall below 100 degrees until 8pm this evening and not fall below 90 degrees until after 10pm. wow!

Know what you mean about ice cream, the outdoors Dairy Queen just down the road from my house, I got me a medium Blizzard, but it melted so quick in the cup, I had to drink some of it. /lol

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------
So, today, historically and by local forecast the "hottest day of the year" in a region where well-over-1oo for months at a time is the norm, TODAY my Tucson-born housemates decide to TURN OFF THE COOLER AND BAKE ROLLS IN THE OVEN.

I had to drench my poor cat, and he threw up anyway, heatsick. Made sure he was cooler and comfy before I abandoned the house (after a COLD shower for myself).

I hate living with other people.
-----------

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
My area does this weird thing with central air where the power company will TURN OFF central air units during the day to "conserve power" um...what? Doesn't that defeat the point of central air?

But we have window units now, so its all good :cool:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It's about 90 here in Connecticut, and that's very warm for the shoreline area, where I live. Yicch. I can't wait for the fall, haha.

----------
So, today, historically and by local forecast the "hottest day of the year" in a region where well-over-1oo for months at a time is the norm, TODAY my Tucson-born housemates decide to TURN OFF THE COOLER AND BAKE ROLLS IN THE OVEN.
Those better have been the best rolls in the history of mankind if they required turning the air off.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's this kind of triple-digit weather where you really can't step outside, because otherwise, you'd end up being arrested for indecent exposure... that is, if you really stepped outside dressed accordingly for the weather.

I hate sitting around the house in all my pink and hairy glory.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Speaking of baking, I found out I'm going to a party tomorrow, meaning I ahve to bake rolls tonight. Need milk. See me groan at the thought of going back out to Kroger. But since the temperature had dipped down into the chilly mid-90s by the time I went, I put on a jacket.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hate all these new Krogers that are more like a mobster's warehouse as opposed to a simple grocery store.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Kroger? Wow. I haven't seen one of those stores since they shut down in the mid 1980s in my area.

A jacket in mid-90s weather? /lol The extreme opposite is a friend of mine one time long ago going into a grocery store with snow on the ground with temps in the low 20s outside in nothing more than a tank top, shorts, and flip flops. Should of seen all the stares he got. /lol (Where I'm from, snow is uncommon, so a snowflake brings out the heavy thermal coats, closing down schools, and wiping out the bread and milk aisle in the grocery store).