Who wants the future Muppet movies to be...

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I agree! I'm sorry guys, but I DON'T approve of Adult-Only cartoons and movies that look like kid movies. ! Kids think "CARTOON! OH DADDY AND MOMMY MAY I PLEASE WATCH IT?!!!!!!",and some parents dont' realize it despite warnings until it teaches their kids rude words. It's not for kids, but they will be watching! Dinosaurs wasn't for kids only , but they didn't do anything that inappropriate since they knew kids were watching except one time.....
Roy-Hey Earl the stripper's here!
To me that's like saying everyone has to kid-proof their home just in case some parent decides to break in a person's house and abandon their child there. :eek: I don't think everything has to be for kids or kid safe. It's up to the parents to investigate what their children are exposed to.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Anyone watch Japanese anime before? I'm just saying.

The truth is is kids are gonna be exposed to all kinds of things good or bad on tv. And many, many, many, other things in this world. You can't keep your children in a bubble it doesn't work that way. Their gonna be exposed to everything in life before their an adult. I think it's a personal decision on a parents part what they deem is appriopriate and inappropriate for their kids.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
To me that's like saying everyone has to kid-proof their home just in case some parent decides to break in a person's house and abandon their child there. :eek: I don't think everything has to be for kids or kid safe. It's up to the parents to investigate what their children are exposed to.
That is true! There is no black or white in this issue. Now if white was mointoring what your kids view, and black was letting them watch whatever and grey was watching it WITH your kids and spending time with them, I'm afraid some parents I know lean towards black.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed. That's why the movie is rated R and all the previews have been of him drinking, doing pot, sitting around with hookers, lusting after women, and basically doing very un-kid friendly things. If, after that, anyone wants to take their 2 year old to see it, they're the dumbest and laziest parents in the world. As much as the story seems like out of a 1980's kids movie (the satire Seth was going for), it isn't for kids. Though I will say the previews hide the fact that there is a reasonable amount of sweetness in there.

I openly despise the thought that animation is a kids only medium. It never really was. I don't think any kid of any age from any era would have had much enjoyment in Betty Boop cartoons... and the Tex Avery Big Bad Wolf and Red Hot Riding Hood cartoons were made specifically as entertainment for WW II soldiers before being shoved into Kid friendly TV compilations. I think that's the problem right there... the advent of TV solidified the fate of cartoons being for kids at some point. Definitely not the Flintstones, though.

Sure, there are a LOT of poorly made, slap dash, shock humor crap that follows in South park, Family Guy, and Adult Swim's footsteps (remember Striperella? Other than being a titanic failure?)... but I'm not going to deny the actual good stuff for not being appropriate for all ages.

Heck, even in the all ages stuff, there's a crapload of adult innuendo that rarely gets picked up by the censors. Only times they really hit are Rocko episodes (Rocko working at a Phone Sex line and grabbing the wrong kind of berries) and that Cow and Chicken that was just written to make fun of lesbians (which is a HILARIOUS episode).

fictionalnice

Reaction score
I respect everyone's opinions. But, to me the muppets will always be those unique puppets who sing, dance, and are actually real. To me, in my own opinion, it wouldn't be the same if they became CGI. It wouldn't be as magical. to me, the whole wonder of this epic phenominon is that they are realalistic, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Some of you people should really go to Japan. No offense but the Japanese laugh at us over stuff like this when it comes to what's inappropriate and appropriate for kids. I tell you their cartoons make American cartoons look like preschool stuff. I'm just saying.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Huh...I wouldn't really know, but I do know that japan is very...uh...ahead of us.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I can't speak for other countries but IMO at least in America parents are wayyyyyyy too sensitive when worrying about what their kids can and can't watch. There's no such thing as that in Japan. What Japan and America deem as appropriate for kids is like day and night. Unlike America, Japan doesn't look at cartoons as just being Mickey Mouse.

You don't even have to go to Japan just watch some it find clips on YouTube I'm telling you if parents watched it they might think twice about how bad American cartoons are but again I'm just saying.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
you do have a very valid point there Pinkflower7783. can I call you flower?