Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

mr3urious

Reaction score
The concept of my local two-floor mall had always baffled me when I was little: I couldn't figure out how if you went to one entrance you were on the first floor, but if you go over there to the next one you're on the second floor. It still is kinda amazing when you think about it, how they were able to use a hill like that.
A few of the malls here are designed like that, too.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Huh, we have flat ground, and our mall is 1 story.

Hayley B

Reaction score
I don't have a mall like that. But I use to work in a building like that. It is funny.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm still baffled as to how my campus has a building where you go in one building, go up one flight of stairs, walk down a hall, and be in a completely different building on the third floor, when the stairs in the new building are higher. There is only a slight hill, I wouldn't imagine it being hilly enough to cause a whole floor difference :embarrassed:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I'm still baffled as to how my campus has a building where you go in one building, go up one flight of stairs, walk down a hall, and be in a completely different building on the third floor, when the stairs in the new building are higher. There is only a slight hill, I wouldn't imagine it being hilly enough to cause a whole floor difference :embarrassed:
Differential warp physics, dude.
------------

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
When I was five, in the middle of Sunday Mass, right before Communion, the priest blesses the bread and wine... "This is the sign of a new and everlasting covenant so that sins may be forgiven, do this in memory of me..." and an altar boy rings these little bells, and little five-year-old-me yells out loud enough for the whole church to hear "ICE CREAM!!!!" (sounds like the Good Humor man was coming!) The whold church laughs,
the priest rolls his eyes, and my dad smacks me. Catholic hijinx. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When I was a little kid of three, four, and five, I didn't know the name of The Beatles' song "Love Me Do", let alone all of the lyrics (because until I had my tonsils out, I couldn't hear properly)... I could only identify it by the harmonica tune throughout, which, whenever I heard it, made me think of a farm scene (I don't know, there was something about the harmonica that made me think of a farm), so whenever I would TRY to talk about the song, I'd call it "The Barn Song"... and nobody knew what the Elmo I was talking about.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Remember that scene in "The Wizard of Oz" where the castle guards chanted "All we own, we owe"? As a kid, I thought that they said "Oreo-O", and that they were chanting about oreos. :laugh:
Haha! That's cute and I could understand that. :smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Wow, is that the REAL chant? I never knew that! I thought it was all nonsense words. After all, these are evil grunts and flying monkeys...no reason for them to communicate in English (or Oz-ish, I guess)...

Now you have my brain seguing into "Where There's a Whip" from the animated "The Hobbit".... yeek.
--------------