Video: "Share it Maybe" Sesame Street Parody

D'Snowth

Reaction score
See, the thing of it is, even a majority of their original work is derived from pop culture in same way or another... matter of fact, you mentioned "Eight Balls of Fur" as an original, when in actuality, it too is a parody of the old Jerry Lee Lewis hit "Great Balls of Fire".

That's not to say all of their original work is inspired or influenced by pop culture, but some of it is.

Borples

Reaction score
Fun, fun, fun. I love it when they step away from education for a minute and do something just for grins. :smile:

Rugby

Reaction score
This song makes my ears bleed. They bleed a little less with Cookie singing it.

Muppetfan2011

Reaction score
I love the muppets but i don't like rap music i do apologize for any trouble with this post tho

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
See, the thing of it is, even a majority of their original work is derived from pop culture in same way or another... matter of fact, you mentioned "Eight Balls of Fur" as an original, when in actuality, it too is a parody of the old Jerry Lee Lewis hit "Great Balls of Fire".

That's not to say all of their original work is inspired or influenced by pop culture, but some of it is.
This is very true! Thanks

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I watched the video yesterday. I thought it was cute. I wonder if Carly Rae Jepsen likes it?

SSLFan

Reaction score
I watched the video yesterday. I thought it was cute. I wonder if Carly Rae Jepsen likes it?

I think any celebrity should consider it an honor to have their song parodied on Sesame Street. :insatiable: :super: :laugh:

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
The original song does nothing for me and not one I would have picked to parody. But I am loving Sesame's enthusiasm to set the whole thing up. It was a well written and well thought out video. There's even cute choreography.

Sure this wasn't done on some fancy sound stage, but I love that they took what they had and ran with it. I'm just in awe of these people that get to go to work and have someone say, "Hey we're making a video today with Cookie Monster, wanna be in it?"

Kudos for taking a popular song, using a popular medium (Twitter) and getting our lovable Muppets out there to the masses.