I don't wanna grow up...

Vincent L

Reaction score
(Note: The mood of this post differs a lot from my usual postings. It's more of my sentimental/dreamy side)

I'm fifteen now: not too young and not too old. I'm leaving childhood behind, and stepping into adulthood. But somehow, I don't want to grow up. I want to stay a child forever. The carefree days, the pointless but fun games. The childhood innocence. I don't want to lose it. Now I'm stepping into a world of worries, a world of busyness. It'll be such a big change, and I'm afraid.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I feel for you.......it's tough growing up, especially in the world of today. I would love to stay a kid forever but it's life, unfortunately. :sympathy:

Hubert

Reaction score
(Note: The mood of this post differs a lot from my usual postings. It's more of my sentimental/dreamy side)

I'm fifteen now: not too young and not too old. I'm leaving childhood behind, and stepping into adulthood. But somehow, I don't want to grow up. I want to stay a child forever. The carefree days, the pointless but fun games. The childhood innocence. I don't want to lose it. Now I'm stepping into a world of worries, a world of busyness. It'll be such a big change, and I'm afraid.
Here's the great thing about life: you don't have to grow up. You can stay a child forever. Sure, some more responsibilities might get picked up here and there, but I think the big difference in people today is whether or not they still use and nurture their inner child. Things might not always be the same...you might have some more worries, life might be a little harder. But you can still retain your child-like qualities. You can still have just as many fun, happy, carefree days. It's natural to be afraid of the big change, but the change is only as big as you make it.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
I don't blame you, Vincent. It's hard to grow up and face the responsibilities of adulthood. But it's like Hubert said, you don't have to grow up. Life won't be as carefree anymore but that doesn't mean you can't let your inner child out once in a while.
I didn't want to grow up, either. But there was nothing I could do and now I'm an adult. Still, this doesn't prevent me from letting out my inner child sometimes... okay, very often.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well Vincent, if it makes you feel any better, I was fifteen once too.

Matter of fact, I was a year shy of your age when I first joined MC, and by the time I was sixteen is what's been noted as my period of "coming out of my shell" (I wasn't nearly as active here as I was by that time), and like you, I too didn't want to grow up, or have a life, or anything of that nature...

I'm 23 now, and guess what? I'm not so sure I grew up or anything... I certainly don't feel very grown-up, sometimes I still feel like I'm 15/16/what have you... sometimes, I kind of feel like I'm more of a man-child (like Pee-wee so-to-speak) than a man.

The point is, you're going to grow up - physically, and according to the calendar - but at the same time, you don't necessarily have to "grow up" mentally... that doesn't mean to act immature or anything, but rather, you can still remain a child at heart, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I want to thank all of you. You make me feel so much better.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
At times like this I watch Labyrinth to remind me that you can grow up and also retain your precious childhood memories. :smile:

Vincent L

Reaction score

(I much prefer the Cincinnati Pops version, but it's nowhere to be found)