Dear Muppet Fanfiction Authors...

MissMusical12

Reaction score
GAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I really liked this one! I think you should do one with Beaker also and his take on the the relationship between him and Dr. Honeydew. :eek::confused:
Also I really hate being the one to beg, but can you please do one with Floyd and Janice? :embarrassed:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
A/N: I cannot believe I didn’t think of this earlier!

Dear Muppet Fanfiction Authors,

Here at Muppet Labs, we have been studying the human mind and have come up with a few theories on why fine, fickle people like yourselves enjoy writing fanfiction so much.

One theory suggests you have a strong, deep, meaningful relationship with “pop culture.” You enjoy everything about it. In fact, you embrace it, love it cherish it! So you feel bad that you can’t give something back to it, something that will make pop culture feel the same as you do. That is where fanfiction comes in, to write imaginative, creative, exciting, romantic stories starring pop culture, to say thank you for all the good times you and pop culture share together. Rare times do pop culture love it, therefore the bond strengthens. Sometimes, pop culture says thank you, then forgets about it later, leaving the relationship the same as ever. But most likely will pop culture be disgusted and horrified by your stories, and thus the relationship not only crumbles, but explodes into itsy bits, burned to the ground, thrown into the pits of the smelliest alleyways…and then dies. Horribly.

Another is because you want to live out your fantasies through a character you have created. This character gets to do everything you have always wanted to do. Meet your favourite characters, go on adventures with them, marry them, have bouncing little babies with them. When the sad reality is that, you are still stuck to a computer for endless hours on a Saturday night (not that there’s any shame in that! I’ve spent most of my college years like that.)

Other theories include that you weren’t completely happy with an ending, so you decided to change it to your own satisfaction.

Or you took two characters, who are obviously just friends or enemies, and somewhere in your brain, it incorrectly translated their relationship as lovers. So you embark on a quest to prove your otherwise incorrect point to others.

Take, for example, how many of you have sent my unfortunate assistant, Beaker and me such stories where we…well…erm…we… do…stuff…not science.

Good grief, you say your friend is “hauntingly attractive” once and everyone takes it the wrong way.

From your favourite scientist,

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.
Now, I would love the next segment from Floys Pepper and his "honeybunch" Janice. Please?

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm glad you enjoyed it! But I'm not making any guarantees on who will be on the next letter.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score

Hiya, hiya, hiya and Wocka Wocka! Hey, here’s a great joke I heard the other day! The past, the present and the future all walk into a bar at the same time! It was tense! Ahhh!

But on a serious note, I overheard Kermit talking about something called fanfiction. (Actually, I just read his letter, but that’s between us.)

I have to ask you about this...

Are there any ones with me in them? If so, are they good? Am I any funny? Or even funnier? What do I do? Do I get standing ovations? Are those hecklers in them too? Oh, please, oh, please tell me! I cannot bear not knowing! Ahhh!

Wocka wocka out!

Fozzie Bear.

MissMusical12

Reaction score

Hiya, hiya, hiya and Wocka Wocka! Hey, here’s a great joke I heard the other day! The past, the present and the future all walk into a bar at the same time! It was tense! Ahhh!

But on a serious note, I overheard Kermit talking about something called fanfiction. (Actually, I just read his letter, but that’s between us.)

I have to ask you about this...

Are there any ones with me in them? If so, are they good? Am I any funny? Or even funnier? What do I do? Do I get standing ovations? Are those hecklers in them too? Oh, please, oh, please tell me! I cannot bear not knowing! Ahhh!

Wocka wocka out!

Fozzie Bear.
YAY! Fozzie!!!!!!!! :embarrassed:

Ozymandias

Reaction score
This series is AWESOME, with one of my favorite segments being Rowlf's (because he is such a sweetheart, he would say "thank you" on behalf of Jim) but by far and away, my favorite letter here has to be Bunsen's.

I cheered out loud when I read the beginning, because I was going through the disccussion earlier about what you should write next, and I was going to suggests you do a letter with Bunsen and Beaker discussing all the slash fanfiction written about them, AND THEN YOU ALREADY DID IT. :big_grin:

The first theory made me laugh, although I did have to wonder about the explicit ending to the theory...until I realized what Bunsen was ranting about so much at the end of the letter. XD

The second theory really summarizes most Mary-Sue fanfics, although I have read some that are good, where the OCs are not Mary Sues but well thought out, realistic characters. :smile: Had to laugh at Bunsen's comment at the end, made me wonder if maybe he used to write some fanfiction back in the day.

Take, for example, how many of you have sent my unfortunate assistant, Beaker and me such stories where we…well…erm…we… do…stuff…not science.

Good grief, you say your friend is “hauntingly attractive” once and everyone takes it the wrong way.
*stands up, applauds, promptly rolls on the floor laughing*

I'm not going to judge those who like Bunsen and Beaker slash, but I'm really not fond of it myself, so this made me grin. I'm kind of tired of looking for good fics on ff.net with these two in them where they aren't shipped together. :rolleyes: This place is pretty good for having Bunsen and Beaker actually doing science together though, I must say. :big_grin:

The last line just seals the deal for me. XD Oh Bunsen, never underestimate the power of the Internet to misuse Miranda rights. "Anything you say can or will be used against you..." :smile:

Misskermie

Reaction score
I just want to say, I support the Bunsen and Beaker relationship.

I REGRET NOTHING!!!

Ozymandias

Reaction score
^ Hey, to each their own. :smile: I won't judge others for not liking it (as I like some pretty cracky het! pairings myself), I'm just not fond of the ship myself. Anyways, carry on. :big_grin: