Speculation: CW interested in Muppets?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, and Christmas is the only time they even run specials. They have those old classics, sure... and an endless parade of lame new stuff that doesn't have any imagination or fun (excluded: the AWESOME Prep and Landing specials).

Sigh... I really miss when they had TV specials for no reason. Like Garfield and his 9 Lives, It's Flashbeagle Charlie Brown, and the only time they made a cartoon of the human baby version of Garfield, Marvin. Heck, even when they had TV specials for other holidays. Only reason they even air Charlie Brown specials anymore is because ABC paid a pretty penny for them.

The dream? A Muppet special for EVERY holiday.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah and Christmas seems the only time they feel like running specials. :stick_out_tongue:

Vincent L

Reaction score
They have The Muppet Valentine Show pilot.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
What ever did happen to the Muppets Halloween Special? I was really looking forward to it!

Hubert

Reaction score
What ever did happen to the Muppets Halloween Special? I was really looking forward to it!
It kept getting pushed back because of the new movie. Now that the new movie is said and done, they haven't mentioned it again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They were talking about the Halloween Special before Segel even pitched his idea for a movie to them, so I doubt the movie really had anything to do with why that project was shelved, I'm sure it was another example of Disney's oh-so-wonderful handling of the Muppets at the time.

Hubert

Reaction score
They were talking about the Halloween Special before Segel even pitched his idea for a movie to them, so I doubt the movie really had anything to do with why that project was shelved, I'm sure it was another example of Disney's oh-so-wonderful handling of the Muppets at the time.
They said it was. Disney had previously announced that they were moving the special because of the new movie. Possibly the first time they moved it had nothing to do with ti, but the second time they moved it, I'm positive they called that the reason.

Sequelcast

Reaction score
Are either of the made for TV Muppets Christmas specials any good? I've only seen the theatrical THE MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There were a NUMBER of Muppet Christmas specials over the years, though I think the one people are discussing in this thread is Letters to Santa, which was pretty decent enough, considering it was really the first new Muppet project Disney had actually done since acquiring the Muppets years earlier.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The only Muppet Christmas anything I purely and 100% loved is MFC. MCC- I don't like when muppets role play, VMMC- definitely had issues but it was tolerable and it put Kermit back in the spotlight, and LTS- is the movie Frank should've said was too cute. The dog is stealing the cheese, Kermit's mad at Piggy and it's really only 4:30. :stick_out_tongue: