MSTies unite!

Lola p

Reaction score
Just recently started watching MST3k ( about 2 weeks ago) Wow....

The show.... Holy mother of frog... How do I described it?

It's just so awsome... And now I am singing the Canada song...

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I always loved when MST3k showed those cheesy educational shorts from the 50's. One of my favorites was "A Young Man's Fancy". I especially laughed out loud when the guys made a fool out of that whiny teenager during her phone conversation.

"Yeah, that's nice, but ma'am, I'm just trying to sell my magazines here".

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
"Mr B Natural" and the one about hygiene and grooming are the BEST. Ya know they released a dvd or two of nothing but shorts!

Watched "San Francisco Intl" last night for the first time in decades. I'd forgot all the amazingly hilarious "this is all your fault, Davey" jokes that just pile up so fast I was almost out of breath laughing so hard... and the Tab Hunter riffs. (How many Tab jokes does it take to fill a scene?) and URKEL! "I've never thought Urkel was all that funny..."

Next up (again)..."Attack of the Giant Leeches!" "You go on, I'll catch up...waitaminute, that ain't right..."
-------------

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Haven't seen all of the episodes, but from what I understand "Monster A Go-Go" was actually edited from several different films, and didn't actually have a monster in it. Is this right?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
I'll have to check about the several-diff-films part, but yes there is a monster...sort of. If you can call a mutated astronaut who suddenly vanishes at the movie's end with NO explanation at all a monster, then...yeah.

When I went to the second MST Conventio-con-expo-fest-a-rama, my husband at the time dressed as the Monster a-go-go! I carried a tape deck playing that annoying whistle music as his theme. We were completely upstaged by the Parade of Torgos, though...
---------------

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
While were on the topic of riffing, has anybody seen any "Rifftrax" or "Cinematic Titanic" commentaries? The only ones I've seen in full so far are "Swing Parade" (the original solo version) and "Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny" (more of a slow-moving nightmare than a movie). Otherwise, I've only seen clips of other riffs. But I love that these guys are poking fun at overrated movies. As for Cinematic Titanic, there's so many bad, obscure B-movies out there, so I don't think these guys will ever run out of material.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
:crazy:: Did someone say "a real BANG up job?"
:news:: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
***KABLOOEY***
Sorry but I couldn't help myself there. MST3K is AWESOME! I might buy a few DVDs of it sometime soon. I think I saw a few reruns on TV some years ago, and I really had no idea of what I was watching, but it was hilarious!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
While were on the topic of riffing, has anybody seen any "Rifftrax" or "Cinematic Titanic" commentaries? The only ones I've seen in full so far are "Swing Parade" (the original solo version) and "Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny" (more of a slow-moving nightmare than a movie). Otherwise, I've only seen clips of other riffs. But I love that these guys are poking fun at overrated movies. As for Cinematic Titanic, there's so many bad, obscure B-movies out there, so I don't think these guys will ever run out of material.
Yeah, I own a few of each. The Rifftrax ripping "Jurassic Park" a new one is HILARIOUS and features Weird Al Yankovic as the guest riffer with Mike! And agree with you on "Santa & Ice Cream Bunny," which has to be one of the weirdest things ANY of the guys have ever riffed in any of their ventures. And yes I am including "Santa Claus vs the Martians" in that assessment!

Am considering going with my buddy Marty to the Rifftrax live show next week. Have to find out how much tix are and what's in my bank acct...but I've never been to one of these (outside of the live shows at the MST conventions) and have heard they're absolutely boss.
---------------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just read that believe this or not, but... Do you remember the cult classic Manos: The Hands of Fate?
Sally Struthers voice: Sure, we all do.
Well, have you ever wondered what it would be like if the new MST cast had watched the movie instead? You don't have to, because Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbett are joining forces as the RiffTrax gang to revisit an old friend. If that old friend is one who drinks all your beer and always hits you up for money. This one-time one-night only presentation will take place at participating theaters on August 16 2012 at 8 PM EST. Yes, that's just one week from tonight, right now.

Unfortunately, I can't find out if a theater near me will be part of the promotion airing the live RiffTrax event. But if someone here—I'm looking at you newsmanfan—does end up going and manages to snag a digital copy of the presentation, please let us know how it went. And if we can do some tape trading business.

*Leaves to fill Little Mermaid bowl with assortment of M&M candies.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Even if I don't go, my buddy Marty may *coughcoughpiratecoughcough* be able to snag a copy of the proceedings anyway...

But yeah. I'd absolutely like to. Although I fear it just won't be the same without delivery from Torgo's Pizza!
-----------------