What do you know about dreams?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not a very good sleeper, so I pretty much wake up after almost any dream I have anyway... the only way I KNOW I'm dreaming in the dream are those very rare occasions (I think they've only happened about three times in my life) where I was in a twilight sleep, or as some people in this thread call it, "lucid dreaming": where your senses and your body is awake and everything, but your mind is still asleep... usually when that happens, my subconscious is yelling at my mind "Wake up! Wake up!", and I can feel my eyelids TRYING to open, but for some reason, it's like their forced shut. Usually, it only happens for a couple of minutes, but this is all besides the point.

My mom seems to think that my string of strange and unpleasant dreams seem to stem from my always having a million thoughts and ideas racing through my mind at once, which is something I can't help... apparently, she thinks that a creative/artistic person's mind never settles down, and that that may have something to do with it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had a really interesting dream last night, that I'm pretty sure was supposed to be really messagy, though I'm not entirely sure what prompted it, or brought it on.

I don't recall too many specific details, I just know it involved three guys, maybe around my age or a couple of years older or so... and they were really tough-looking guys, like gang bangers, or street toughs or whatever, and they almost seemed to give off that kind of vibe as well, so needless to say, not wanting any trouble, I tried to avoid them at all costs... then at the very end of the dreams, I found myself being apologetic because as it turns out, they were actually nice and helpful guys despite their outer appearances.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure the dream was supposed to have that age-old moral you can't judge a book by it's cover... now as to why the dream was had, I don't know, but I still think it's one of the more interesting dreams I've ever had.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Many dreams I usually forget quite easily, but a couple have left an impact on me.

I had this one years ago. I was in a jungle. I don't know how I got there, one moment I was in a city park, the next, this jungle. It was almost Narnia-like. I met some kids. Lots of them of different cultures and nationalities. They all lived in a village of tree houses. They too had been wisked away from their homes and had been in this jungle for many years, never ageing. Somewhere in the dream was the queen of the jungle, a black panther. I distinctly remember bad guys or pirates the kids were always fighting, like Peter Pan.

Another was from last month. I'm part of a circus, parade thing where I think I'm part of an acrobatic group, because I remember being on a hoop in the air, looking down at the crowds and other performers. I don't know how the rope was still up as it was outside at night with nothing to hang on to. The other acts include slinky man, tigers, slinky star men and shaolin monks. The scene sifted and I could see the slinky men pulling off a band heist. Among them was a failed magician, who looked like Leonard from the Big Band Theory.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I had a really interesting dream last night, that I'm pretty sure was supposed to be really messagy, though I'm not entirely sure what prompted it, or brought it on.

I don't recall too many specific details, I just know it involved three guys, maybe around my age or a couple of years older or so... and they were really tough-looking guys, like gang bangers, or street toughs or whatever, and they almost seemed to give off that kind of vibe as well, so needless to say, not wanting any trouble, I tried to avoid them at all costs... then at the very end of the dreams, I found myself being apologetic because as it turns out, they were actually nice and helpful guys despite their outer appearances.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure the dream was supposed to have that age-old moral you can't judge a book by it's cover... now as to why the dream was had, I don't know, but I still think it's one of the more interesting dreams I've ever had.
It would be funny if they then started to beat you up! XD

Hubert

Reaction score
I had an odd dream last night that for some reason seems to be yelling "Hey. hey, look at me, I'm important!"

I had to figure out some complex math problem for some unknown reason, so I grabbed a calculator off my desk and sat down to use it. I started by keying in the number "3" but nothing happened. So I tried again, and nothing happened. So I tried a couple other numbers and got nothing. So then I quickly went through and keyed in every button to see if any worked. The second I did that, the calculator lit up and sparks from it flew around the room.

Now here's an odd thing: I woke up after that, but only in my dream. I stayed sleeping in real life. So theoretically, you could almost say that it was me dreaming about dreaming about something.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I dreamed I went to an aquarium for a class trip and the place was overrun by zombies. The people there knew about it and were just like "Don't touch the zombie and you'll be fine" and gave everyone trash bags to wear on their hands so they didn't touch anything.

I have no idea XD

Hubert

Reaction score
I dreamed I went to an aquarium for a class trip and the place was overrun by zombies. The people there knew about it and were just like "Don't touch the zombie and you'll be fine" and gave everyone trash bags to wear on their hands so they didn't touch anything.

I have no idea XD
:smirk: Er...I suggest you quit playing those zombie aquarium raid video games, Sarge...they're affecting you're brain...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Nah, I think its the demon killing games that have affected my brain :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At one point last night, I had a really weird dream, let me tell you guys about it...

First there's a guy on stage, and he's lifting some rye...

Well actually, that part of the dream might be a little un-related... but it takes place in a school, and there's a big class and everything, and for some reason, Brad Loekle is one of the students, and at one point, he tries to molest me.

I think I've been watching way too much World's Dumbest lately...