Slackbot draws stuff

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Holy Mokey! Wow! This is great! Kim, some of the doodles is from your fanfic, "Muppets from Mars." Ohhh! Red is angry with Boober and he's scared (shudders)! What was the last time she did that? Oh yeah, when she accused him of stealing the Fraggle horn. Sounds scary to me! I love these doodles. They are wonderful! I didn't know you were like, "Who drew these characters?"

Slackbot

Reaction score
Heh, yep. For those who wonder why I have a Fraggle in a cookpot up there, that's a joke about boiling fur. When you buy fake fur it usually has a boring smooth texture. Muppets aren't like that. Typical Muppet fur is rumply and lived-in looking. For my Janken Puppet (seen higher up on this page) I bought some "Punky Muppet" fur from Mendel's, then boiled it. I boiled some water, dumped it into an industrial bucket, swirled the fur in the water gently for a minute, then wrung it out and let it dry flat, rumpling it a bit with my fingers now and again. The result was that lovely, Fraggly, wool-like texture.

So... I guess if I'd forgotten to boil the fur before sewing it, I'd have to boil the whole Fraggle.

(Oh, and the "Map Butt" thing is an in-joke. Only one person on this site is likely to get that, heh.)

Slackbot

Reaction score
As I've mentioned before, I rarely do requests because of the amount of work I put into my stuff. However, lately I've been in a kinda scattered mood, and I thought it'd be fun to open the thread up for a while to doodle requests. I'm talking quickie drawings like you see in the above doodle dump. Those don't take much time, and it might be a fun way to break out of this funk.

So, throw your ideas at me. I can't promise I'll do everything, and as I'm going to Dragon*Con soon I don't make any promises as to time frame either. Still, feel free to throw ideas at me. If said ideas involve obscure or original characters, there's a much better chance I'll draw 'em if you include a link to reference pictures. (No videos, please--I'm on dialup!)