Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I just read about Jerry's death on Jim Henson Company's facebook page. Jerry was a couple of months older than my grandfather (his birthday is the same day as Jim Henson and Steve Whitmire).

It's going to be hard for Matt Vogel to voice Jerry's Sesame Street characters (especially Count Von Count).

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I woke up and checked my mail on my Mac and surprisingly saw that Jerry Nelson died. My reaction was like this from 2:42 to 2:45.

I know that this video doesn't relate to Jerry Nelson or The Muppets but seriously, it was my reaction to his death.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's going to be hard for Matt Vogel to voice Jerry's Sesame Street characters (especially Count Von Count).
Even though Jerry has left us now, I do have confidence that like Steve after Jim, and Eric after Frank, that Matt will be able to keep Jerry's characters alive for not just us, but future generations as well... I was very impressed with how well he did with Floyd and Uncle Deadly, so I'm sure that he'll do just as well with Count and others.

galagr

Reaction score
Jerry Nelsons' characters' react:

:sing:: Jerry Nelson? Oh, yeah, he was pretty hip. He'd give me a lift once in a while. I'll miss him deeply.

Robin: Jerry was my Godfather. He'd always teach me to live life to the fullest. I'm s-sure h-he did t-that as w-well ( starts crying ).

:batty:: I will miss my good freind Jerry in many ways. Let me count them. One, two, three, four..............

Pops: Eh? Who's this Jerry Nelson feller? Was he the one with the beard or the (yawn ) one with the........... ( falls asleep )

:crazy::HE WAS A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE. I LOVE AND MISS HIM! AHAHAHAHAHAH!

:batty:: Ninety Three, Ninety Four, Ninety Five...............
Herry: ( crying )

:fishy:: He taught me how to throw my boomerang fish! It won't be the same without him, though.

:smirk:: I will miss Jerry. He always took me on adventures into outer space when no one else wanted to. ( sniff )

:batty:: Two Hundred and Fifty Six, Two Hundred and fifty Seven, Two Hundred and Fifty Eight. Two Hundred and Fifty Eight ways I will miss my good friend Jerry! Ahh ahh ahh.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
this is very very saddening i don't what to say but RIP Jerry but your voices are in our heads but you are in our hearts :sympathy:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I'm really gonna miss Jerry. I didn't really know him but I greatly respected his talent. He gave us some great characters.
Assuming that the post I got really was him and not someone posing as him, he gave me some advice in voice acting which kinda encouraged me to pursue it further and for that I will always be grateful.

Thanks for everything Jerry :batty:

PDiddymus

Reaction score

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I haven't been this heartbroken since Jim died. I'll never forget you, Jerry, for putting the "Gobo" in Fuzzygobo. Thank you for everything- words can't say enough.