Palisades-style Hanna-Barbera figures

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I honestly do not understand the status of the program. It has quite a large Hatedom among older cartoon viewers. I never really see anyone speak kindly of it, and I don't know if kids actually like it.
Well, isn't that like how they keep cranking out these shows like The Chew or The Talk or other knock-offs when nobody even watches The View anymore? Or like how nobody like the Kardashians or the Palins or the Jersey people, yet they still keep getting more reality shows and spin-offs?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, isn't that like how they keep cranking out these shows like The Chew or The Talk or other knock-offs when nobody even watches The View anymore? Or like how nobody like the Kardashians or the Palins or the Jersey people, yet they still keep getting more reality shows and spin-offs?
Not even close. Animation is not exactly a cheap thing to do, and all the shows you mentioned are reality TV. And as we all know, reality TV is the sweetheart of television producers since it's basically sweatshop programming.

I did some research... Fanboy does get decent enough ratings, it's just a show I never see anyone speak favorably of. Besides, if it so much as had one airing with abd ratings, the show would be cancelled. Heck, it's Nickelodeon. Anything that's not Spongebob, Fairly Oddparents, or Dreamworks produced lives in constant fear of cancellation and banishment into the cornfields (Nicktoons).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, the fact they are still making new episodes of Planet Sheen on occasion...and the fact it is still on, baffles me more than how Fanboy is still on. I'd rather watch Fanboy than Planet Sheen.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Planet Sheen is a good example of Scooby and Shaggying. They took the funniest character from the show, and he's unable to hold a show by himself. You miss all the other funny characters (like Jimmy's innuendo fountain of a father), and you lose what made Sheen Unique and funny. I don't see why anyone even likes it. How come Carscratch got such a cold shoulder, and Sheen's show, which no one really likes is still on.

Come to think of it, the only cartoon I can think of that's universally hated was Allen Gregory. THAT was a terrible show considering those behind it. Everyone was either an oblivious jerk or a vengeful jerk.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You know, I figured out why the coloring on Danny looks so strange. In actuality, the coloring is more or less right. Because of the way the show is shaded, Danny's hair really is more of a gray. But translating it to a figure with no shading, it looks kind of jarring. It would still look better if they made everything white.

Yeah yeah...shut up, Sarge. No one cares :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Postcards from Buster?
Yeah, but part of that blame lies in the concept.

There's a couple other examples, but I can't think of any at the moment.

The only things I feel are aversions of that are the BRILLIANT Timon and Pumbaa cartoon and Penguins of Madagascar.

You know, I figured out why the coloring on Danny looks so strange. In actuality, the coloring is more or less right. Because of the way the show is shaded, Danny's hair really is more of a gray. But translating it to a figure with no shading, it looks kind of jarring. It would still look better if they made everything white.

Yeah yeah...shut up, Sarge. No one cares
Eh... better than dark skinned Sheen. But I see what the problem is... even if that's the case, the gray hair should be cooler in temperature and slightly lighter.

Still... I'm hoping for a 6" Timmy's Dad. Preferbly a talking figure that has a scowl molded on that says "DINKLEBERG!!!!"

rowlfy662

Reaction score
there still seems to be no release date on the nick figures very odd but i found a pick of the ren and stimpy figures

also there looks like two hanna barbera lines are coming out with jazwares already and now a company called xplusd is also making 3 inch figures and they look not to shabby one of them there releasing dick dastardly which for me is and instant buy

there also releasing fred flintstone zandor from the Herculoids scooby doo also i don't when but there also releasing wally gator judy jetson and johnny quest and bandit great year to be a fan of nostaligia

Drtooth

Reaction score
Other than Ren's weird expression, I'd definitely pick them both up. I guess his face goes with the Happy Helmet.

The picture of Dick Dasdardly's not coming in... could you re-enter it?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i managed to finally get the picture of dastardly from xplus and i think it looks very good and the scooby and fred look just as good curse them jazwares and xplus for making me spend more money