1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Palisades-style Hanna-Barbera figures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvcarroll, Aug 29, 2012.

1. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

by the looks of things that there will be a 3 inch and 6 inch

in the 3 inch the onlys i can find are tommy chuckie catdog arnold cosmo and wanda

in the 6 inch of course theres danny phantom as i mentioned and Jimmy Neutron

Also for some strane reason Fanboy and chum chum have their own stupid line heck knows why

And at toy fair 2012 there was mock up of other titles including Aaahh!!! Real Monsters and the two best ones ROCKOS MODERN LIFE AND REN AND STIMPY !!!!!!!!!!! though i don't anyone knows what scales these are and there have been no images yet but there coming which is awsome news
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I KNOW, Right?! And they just sit there while the Adventure Time and Regular Show lines go like hotcakes. Took me months to finally get Jake. I wanted him for Christmas, and no one could find him.

Man, I hope this line does well enough for those other ones to come out. Rocko, if anything. I still got the Mattel AAH! Real Monsters figures. Everyone BUT Oblina (never got her in time).

You know what no one mentioned? There are plush toys as well. The HB ones talk, but leave much to be desired, as the talking function on all the ones I tried seemed to be broken on some level (bringing back bad memories of that Big Bird doll). But the Regular Show and AT ones are very good... I wonder if we're gonna see Nicktoons plush too.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Who exactly is that lady cat character? I see stuff with her all over dA (and yes, a number of it naughty), but I don't know who she is.
  4. Drtooth

Kitty Katswell. She's essentially the female spy who doesn't quite tolerate Dudley Puppy's antics. Unlike Agent 99 of Get Smart, who does admire and love Agent 86.
    Hubert likes this.
  5. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

it looks like there will be plushies but they have not confirmed who they will be yet

also i overlooked that there are 2 inch 6 packs for both lines

Hanna barbera has a flintstones jetsons and tom and jerry set

and the nicktoons one has fairly odd parents Jimmy neutron and t.u.f.f puppy sets and they look not bad prett exciting i applaud Jazwares for making these lines
  6. D'Snowth

If I still had that crazy collector streak in me, I would certainly be tempted to buy up a lot of this stuff, but again, once I got older, I just lost that... I think it's because I've had to learn not to get too attached over materialistic things or anything, because eventually, it's all going to be taken away anyway, so that may have some little something to do with it I suppose.
  7. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Wow! These look cool!
    I'm a big fan of T.U.F.F Puppy, and I love how these figures turned out. :)
  8. Drtooth

I do agree with Sarge that the colors seem a might off (Danny's hair and Sheen)... hopefully that will be fixed by the time of their release, and other than Jimmy's nostrils, I think these have turned out pretty good. Kinda hope CatDog has a LOT of articulation to give multiple CatDog poses. If they're stuck in totem pole mode, I don't think I'd get it.

But I'm really eying that Hey Arnold. I never got any Arnolds... I got a gumball figure Gerald and a Grandpa Wendy's Kids Meal toy, but never an Arnold.
  9. robodog

robodog Active Member

Why would anybody make Fanboy and Chum Chum figures? Who thought that was a good idea? Does anyone even watch that show? Did they purposely set out to create shelf warmers with these things? Who would buy them?
  10. Drtooth

I honestly do not understand the status of the program. It has quite a large Hatedom among older cartoon viewers. I never really see anyone speak kindly of it, and I don't know if kids actually like it. I know kids like Johnny Test and everyone over the age of 9 hates it (though the Warner Bros. Produced episodes were kinda fun)....

I dunno... Maybe the super hero nature of the show was deemed Toyetic. T.U.F.F. Puppy really should have got a toyline over it. But no one really buys the Fanboy and Chumchum stuff.
  11. D'Snowth

Well, isn't that like how they keep cranking out these shows like The Chew or The Talk or other knock-offs when nobody even watches The View anymore? Or like how nobody like the Kardashians or the Palins or the Jersey people, yet they still keep getting more reality shows and spin-offs?
  12. Drtooth

Not even close. Animation is not exactly a cheap thing to do, and all the shows you mentioned are reality TV. And as we all know, reality TV is the sweetheart of television producers since it's basically sweatshop programming.

I did some research... Fanboy does get decent enough ratings, it's just a show I never see anyone speak favorably of. Besides, if it so much as had one airing with abd ratings, the show would be cancelled. Heck, it's Nickelodeon. Anything that's not Spongebob, Fairly Oddparents, or Dreamworks produced lives in constant fear of cancellation and banishment into the cornfields (Nicktoons).
  13. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Well, the fact they are still making new episodes of Planet Sheen on occasion...and the fact it is still on, baffles me more than how Fanboy is still on. I'd rather watch Fanboy than Planet Sheen.
  14. Drtooth

Planet Sheen is a good example of Scooby and Shaggying. They took the funniest character from the show, and he's unable to hold a show by himself. You miss all the other funny characters (like Jimmy's innuendo fountain of a father), and you lose what made Sheen Unique and funny. I don't see why anyone even likes it. How come Carscratch got such a cold shoulder, and Sheen's show, which no one really likes is still on.

Come to think of it, the only cartoon I can think of that's universally hated was Allen Gregory. THAT was a terrible show considering those behind it. Everyone was either an oblivious jerk or a vengeful jerk.
  15. D'Snowth

Postcards from Buster?
  16. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

You know, I figured out why the coloring on Danny looks so strange. In actuality, the coloring is more or less right. Because of the way the show is shaded, Danny's hair really is more of a gray. But translating it to a figure with no shading, it looks kind of jarring. It would still look better if they made everything white.

Yeah yeah...shut up, Sarge. No one cares :p

[​IMG]
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  17. Drtooth

Yeah, but part of that blame lies in the concept.

There's a couple other examples, but I can't think of any at the moment.

The only things I feel are aversions of that are the BRILLIANT Timon and Pumbaa cartoon and Penguins of Madagascar.

Eh... better than dark skinned Sheen. But I see what the problem is... even if that's the case, the gray hair should be cooler in temperature and slightly lighter.

Still... I'm hoping for a 6" Timmy's Dad. Preferbly a talking figure that has a scowl molded on that says "DINKLEBERG!!!!"
    DrDientes likes this.
  18. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

there still seems to be no release date on the nick figures very odd but i found a pick of the ren and stimpy figures [​IMG]

also there looks like two hanna barbera lines are coming out with jazwares already and now a company called xplusd is also making 3 inch figures and they look not to shabby one of them there releasing dick dastardly which for me is and instant buy

there also releasing fred flintstone zandor from the Herculoids scooby doo also i don't when but there also releasing wally gator judy jetson and johnny quest and bandit great year to be a fan of nostaligia
  19. Drtooth

Other than Ren's weird expression, I'd definitely pick them both up. I guess his face goes with the Happy Helmet.

The picture of Dick Dasdardly's not coming in... could you re-enter it?
  20. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

i managed to finally get the picture of dastardly from xplus and i think it looks very good and the scooby and fred look just as good curse them jazwares and xplus for making me spend more money

[​IMG]