1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Palisades-style Hanna-Barbera figures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvcarroll, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It would be cool if he had an interchangeable hat, so you could put his aviation helmet on from Dasdardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Oh come on! All these Nicktoon figures coming out, and no love for Rocko? Even Ren and Stimpy are getting some attention, why not Rocko?!
  3. Drtooth

They have a Prototype Rocko, as Rowlfy mentioned. There's just no picture of it to be found. He's clearly intended as a second series if these do well enough, along with the AAAAH Real Monsters characters.

I hope we get to see Monster and Robot down the line. Monster would make a great plush toy.
  4. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

i thought i would update by saying i looks like the nicktoons figures are finally getting released in the stores and looks like a surprise 3 inch timmy turner has appeared out of the blue with no warning i rather i was rocko but nevermind and jazwares updated their to have a nicktoons bit but no pictures but sadly nothing new in the hanna barbera front as of right now
  5. KirbTreelo05

KirbTreelo05 Active Member

I was smiling like crazy when I saw this toyline pop up at T'R'U. I was tempted to get Hong Kong Phooey, but the paint job seemed kinda meh. :/ I also didn't like how the joint pieces had sections that were the same color as his fur rather than his robe...I dunno, I might get him away and fix 'im up myself.

Never heard of the Nicktoons line before, but it looks awesome so far! :D I wonder if they'll make some "Bev-whar" action figures since they're making Rocko and the Monsters.
  6. Drtooth

I've seen the Nicktoons line up.

Unfortunately, the ONLY retro Nicktoons figures they had at the time were the Rugrats ones. But the 12" figures have the aforementioned Jimmy Neutron (still with nostrils), Danny Phantom, and the unexpected Cleft the Boy Chin Wonder. There are also plush, but all they had were Jimmy, Goddard, Dudley Puppy, and the only retro 90's character, CatDog.
  7. robodog

robodog Active Member

Much as I want Hong Kong Phooey and Rocko ( If they make him ) I've kind of reached the point where all my toy money goes to electronic pet type things like Furby and FurReal Friends. I think the new TMNT figures are the last action figures I'll ever buy.
  8. Drtooth

I forgot about this thread and therefore forgot to tell you...

Ren and Stimpy, unfortunately, are Target Exclusives and they just got them in, and I swear they're trying to clear them out. And not even in every Target either. In 4 Targets I frequent, only 2 of them had them. But they have a wonderful Ren and Stimpy figurine set that has Mr. Horse, Sven Hoek, a Log, and Powdered Toastman, not to mention Ren and Stimpy. And small "talking" plush that make weird noises.
  9. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

thought i would update this saying that the people who make both the hanna barbera and nicktoons figures will be at toyfair so i could assume we might get some news regarding series 2 also the other hanna barbera toy line is finally out the hanna barbera collection by xplus which i am really excited about with the series of them with fred flintstones scooby doo dick dastardly and the tundro and zandor from the herculoids and the company who made them will also be at toyfair aswell hopefully they will announce afterall xplus has showed jonny quest wally gator and judy jetson so hopefully they might confirm more
    jvcarroll likes this.
  10. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

sorry to double post but alas toyfair didn't really show us anything new in the jazwares of x plus i can't any pictures of any new x plus figs but there was to new tom and jerry in knight costumes but nothing else dissapointing but there are other toy conventions coming up so you never know
  11. Drtooth

The Xplus toys have hit the stores, and I'm very disappointed by their shrimp size and huge price tag. Not even any accessories! I really want that Dick Dasdardly, but not for 15-20 bucks for something G.I. Joe sized. I guess it's because it's imported. But the Scooby-Doo stuff you find at TRU is better than that Scooby figure they have. You can get the entire Mystery Inc crew in action figure form for the price of it.

Sigh... I wish Jazzwares was doing another series of these. I'd LOVE for their take on Dasdardly and Muttley.
  12. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

Although there small and no accessories I bought all of them alas have yet to receive them in the mail but there's something I like about I think the only that really comes with an accessory I jonny quest with badit but I don't when we are meant to get them. On the jazwares route I think there will be another series they just haven't confirmed anything maybe at sdcc who knows but I would also want want jazwares to dastardly and muttley their may fav characters actually if ever x plus or jazwares give us all the wacky racers and there cars and I will die happy
  13. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

I should update this by saying there are words of a series two of the hanna barbera figures this could be subject to change but

the 3 inch line could have

Atom ant
    Quick Draw McGraw
    Spike
    Tom in zoot suit

and the 6 inch line with

Chef Tom
    Zandor with Gleep

I'm quite happy to see this though I hope theres not and influx of Tom and Jerry merchandise I mean another 6 inch Tom come on I would of rather had a 6 inch Yogi
  14. Drtooth

Kinda wish Jazzwares would do a Dasdardly and Muttley. But the small Quick Draw sounds great.

I just hope they have a second line of Nicktoons. Maybe a general retail version of the Ren and Stimpy figures for those who missed that 2 month period Target had them.

I so want a Rocko... and a full sized Dudley Puppy action figure. Maybe with a The Chief pack in?
  15. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I found some reviews of the Jazwares Nicktoons and HB figures on youtube. Eh...even though this guy is mindnumbly boring, you can at least get a better idea of the figures.
    Hanna Barbara Figures

I'm still really not feeling Danny...even though he praises the figure

jvcarroll likes this.
  16. Drtooth

Actually... I was at TRU, and I saw an unannounced Secret Squirrel 3".
  17. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

I think secret has been out for a while but he along with captain caveman and the 6 inch fred and Tom came out a little while after the first figures were released
  18. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Tom and Jerry look pretty cool :)
  19. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Watching more of those reviews really does confirm my fears that the Jazwares toys aren't going to be very good quality.

I mean, I realize that you are going to have imperfections with toys...there's even some paint smearing and molding imperfections on my Miser Bros NECA figures (who are known for quality), so maybe looking at the Jazwares ones and purposely looking at all the imperfections of the toy itself might be a bit too nitpicky on my part.

I still may end up buying Danny only because this is like the only DP merchandise ever made :/
  20. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

They're amazing for a $6 SRP in this economy, but those paint apps are a little gloopy. After watching the reviews, I think it's strange that lack of articulation is considered some kind of offense. The integrity of each form is my greatest concern. Big ugly screws and joints often impede that.
    Drtooth likes this.