MSTies unite!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Yes he does! He once sang the Info Club Address to the tune of the opening of the overture from Mozart's "Marriage of Figaro." And check out "Clown in the Sky" or some of his bits in Rifftrax: Manos!

And I'm fairly sure you can put dang near anything on an iPod. My buddy Marty has ALL his MSTs on his!

---------------

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I've decided to go ahead with trying to watch the entire series. But I got the idea to watch them in alphabetical order. That way, I can get a taste of different eras, and not have to wait for a particular era, or miss another era. Because of my busy schedule, I'm only able to watch small doses a day. I already finised "Agent for H.A.R.M.", from season 8, the first season of the Sci Fi era. Definitely one of those episodes where the host segements outdo the movie segments. Mike in court is hilarious, especially Bobo's incompetence as his autournee. And I love the bit where Crow tries to defend Mike in a video filled with almost nothing but censor bleeps.

The movie segments are good. I especially love the Prince references! The movie itself, a bland James Bond knock-off.

Next up, "Alien from L.A.". I have yet to get through all of this one. There's some nice host segments (the liver blending machine is great!). What can I say about the movie so far? It's not much. I'm not exactly sure what direction the director wants to go towards. And while I do feel sorry for Kathy Ireland's character, that squeaky voice of hers (and her lack of acting skills) really get on my nerves. But she's not the only annoying bad actress (or actor) in this flick.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I know, I'm triple posting here, and I apologise. But I just have to say I always love seeing Mike as Jack Perkins (even though wearing that make-up must have been uncomfortable as heck for the poor guy). Seeing the MST3K Hour Wraparounds that he did are always a lot of fun, and a nice rarity. And it's interesting that Perkins himself was a fan of the show, and apparently praised Mike for his portrayal.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
Er...where did you hear Perkins was a fan? The word I heard, back when Mike started doing Perkins, was that Perkins was annoyed as heck!

Check out the Turkey Day Marathon segements for especially hilarious Perkins stuff. As well as Dr F sabotaging the Macy's parade one year! "Die, boy, die!"
-------------

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
-----------
Er...where did you hear Perkins was a fan? The word I heard, back when Mike started doing Perkins, was that Perkins was annoyed as heck!

Check out the Turkey Day Marathon segements for especially hilarious Perkins stuff. As well as Dr F sabotaging the Macy's parade one year! "Die, boy, die!"
-------------
Sure, I've seen those. Both, in fact. There's the one when Frank was still around (the marathon segments here really made me a TV's Frank fan), along with Kevin Murphy as Plant Guy, and Gerry and Sylvia. And the other one that led into season 7, with Pitch from "Santa Claus" (once again played by Paul Chaplin), the Kitten with a Whip (again, played by Kevin), Mr. B Natural (played by Mike's wife), and of course Mary Jo as Pearl. They're both great!

As for Perkins, maybe I misheard something about him liking Mike's impression. Supposedly, the first time he heard about it, Perkins stated that he didn't get cable, so he had no idea what it was all about. But apparently, Perkins was a fan of the show once he saw it, and once among the many to get Variety to advertise the continuation of MST.
http://www.mst3kinfo.com/history/page14.html

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Sweet! The only thing I ever read was an old Info Club bulletin bit where Perkins was allegedly miffed when told Mike was impersonating him. Good to know he had a sense of humor about it after all.

-------------

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Reading through the MST history, it's interesting how hectic the war between MSTies and CC got. That's dedication for ya.

By the way, Johnny doesn't care.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
WHY doesn't Johnny care?

I'm craving some Secret Agent Super Dragon and Double 007...I hear the latter is on the next box set under an altered title! Woo hoo!

--------------