1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

MSTies unite!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsmanfan, Apr 28, 2011.

1. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------
    "The Day the Earth Froze" -- oh cripes, I remember dat day, oh doncha know...

Hey Princeton. Love the new avatar!

Anyone here going to see Birdemic live? I can't afford tix this time...will have to catch up with the November show/next riff. Someone please review if they go!
    --------------
  2. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

I AM!

Just got my tickets today! Yay!

Sorry you can't make it Newsman, I'll make sure to type a review up afterwords!
    newsmanfan likes this.
  3. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

For the survivors of Manos, I dare you to survive this movie (though most of you have probably already seen it). Thanks goodness there's a rifftrax version out there to help us through it.

My gosh, is this hilariously bad. Dare I say, this has more technical difficulties in the final cut than Manos (though I'd still rather watch this than Manos). In this one scene, you have audio that doesn't sync up and a really long shot of nothing but a firetruck slowly coming at you. And I how much of the road guy in the bunny suit could actually see.

I love how he has to stop at one point so that the dog can get a drink. Poor guy must have had the roughest time driving that thing. And you can clearly see somebody pushing the thing a few times. There are a couple of shots where a pair of legs are running behind the firetruck (although some have argued that one of the kids was falling off), and at another point, you can clearly see one guy hide behind a shed to get out of the way.

And could have sworn I saw the two boys who played Tom and Huck in a few of the crowd shots. I guess they were allowed to play dual roles.
  4. newsmanfan

--------------
    Well, in "The Muppets" we did have Tux Chef and Normal Chef in the telethon, at the same time!

Picked up my spy-movie MSTs last night, along with the final ep (which I've never seen). When my brain explodes this weekend from too much fic straining I plan on relaxing to the sweet sweet vibes of "Secret Agent (bwah waaaahhh!) Super Dragon" (Tom sittin' in on the mic, give it up for Joel and the Bots, folks...)

Have fun at Birdemic, Lola! Write down as many of the lines as you can! :)
    --------------
  5. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

Ah.... Birdemic, how do I describe Thee?

Oh, I know:

HORRIBLE!

The graphics are HORRIBLE, the acting is HORR-

Oh, The Birdemic Rifftrax Live event?

AWESOME!

I was able to get there just as the guys were coming on stage, so I didn't get to see the Pre Movie stuff, Sorry guys!

After they all came on stage, they introduced the short they were doing: "Norman Checks In: YES. THAT Norman, From The Manos live special....

So after the short, which had some riffs, we get to Birdemic. The movie is HORRIBLY slow, and thank GOD we have the Rifftrax crew...

A lot of the riffs from the Original Birdemic were in the Live special, So It was a bit of a repeat, but, none the less, it was still epic awesomeness for the whole time.

So, overall what do I give Birdemic?

9.5/10

I would give it a 10/10, but... Half of the riffs were from the original release of Birdemic, so.... Eh... Still pretty good!
    newsmanfan and Plaid Fraggle like this.
  6. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Tonight was my third time watching Birdemic. First time with Rifftrax. Safe to say that the Riffers' commentary saved me from spontaneous combustion myself.

"...sorr paners." XD
  7. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

Hangin out with the family! Havin ourselves a party!
  8. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

*awkward, lonely robot jiggle dance*
  9. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I was mistaken; you're right. I haven't seen Magic Voyage of Sinbad either.
  10. Mo Frackle

Its just as goofy as the other Russo-Finnish films. Theres one really silly scene with a fish puppet. Wheres Jim Henson when you need him?
  11. newsmanfan

Oh god help us. LOL! Everyone, do the catchphrase: "Unnnnnnnhhh."

I hope to catch the next Rifftrax Live in November. Very bummed I missed this one; everyone who Tweeted about it was raving.
    -------------
  12. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

Wait, what are they going to do in November?
  13. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Shout Factory is releasing a new MST3K box set on December 4. It will include Robot Holocaust, Operation Double 007, Kitten With A Whip, and Revenge of the Creature.
    Plaid Fraggle and Mo Frackle like this.
  14. Mo Frackle

Just finished "The Atomic Brain" (or "Monstrosity", as it was originally called). Man, that was a weird film. An old lady who wants to put her brain inside of a young woman's head so that she can "make love" (the narrator's words, not mine) again? Yuck. Though I kind of laughed at the idea that just a year before this film was released, Marjorie Eaton (the crazy old lady, who actually does do a really good job with her role) did a TV pilot with the Three Stooges for a series that was never picked up. Imagine the Three Stooges stuck in this movie.

The short, "What About Juvenile Delinquency", is interesting, I guess. Though am I the only one who found it just a tad unbelievable?

The riffs are great. And in this episode, we get not one, but two Muppet references. At the opening of the short, we see an image of an eagle as part of the "Young America Films" logo, and Servo responds, "Hey, 'Sam the Eagle presents'". Later, during the feature, Mike references ABC-DEF-GHI-JKLMNOP-QRSTUVWXYZ.

Incidentally, the last letter that Mike reads at the end of the show makes a reference to Joel being replaced. Of course, Mike doesn't read that part. The gang at MST3K were always careful to leave out Joel references (if there were any) in the letters that they read.
  15. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Even though the pilot got canceled, Eaton did work with The Three Stooges in one of their feature films: The Three Stooges in Orbit. She also had a small part in Mary Poppins.
  16. Mo Frackle

Right you are. Though I didn't mention "The Three Stooges in Orbit" because her footage in that one was actually footage taken straight from the pilot. In fact, about 20 minutes of that film came straight from the pilot.

Here's a part of the pilot. She appears at the beginning of part one. Sadly, the complete pilot is lost. However, it was later split up into two short subjects for theatrical release. This is one of them.

I didn't know about her being in "Mary Poppins", though.
  17. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I was wondering: Does Cinematic Titanic have a story behind it? Because there are some episodes where they are being led in by a guy, and the mention an institute.....
  18. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I just ordered another Shout Factory box set: Project Moonbase, both Master Ninja episodes, and Magic Voyage of Sinbad.

And hot off the presses, a brand new set is awaiting a release date, but at least we know what episodes will be on it: The Magic Sword, Alien from LA, Danger Death Ray, and The Mole People.
    newsmanfan, Lola p and Mo Frackle like this.
  19. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

...SQUEEEEEE!
    Lola p likes this.
  20. newsmanfan

-------
    DANGER! Sammich! ...nah...just not the same ring to it...

-----------